- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Oct 17
Senior Director, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
The Senior Director, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning is a core member of the Emerging Business Unit (EBU) leadership team, reporting to the Executive Director, Emerging Business Unit. This is a newly formed, highly visible team that is key to Moody's Analytics' (MA) long-term growth strategy that will lead our efforts to better understand and adapt to an environment characterized by widespread, technology-driven change. The EBU is charged with supporting innovation within our existing LOBs, developing opportunities in the "whitespace", enhancing our innovation process and understanding customers' technology preferences.
As such, the Senior Director, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning will lead the development of our machine learning capabilities to create visionary products that enhance the customer experience. The role provides the opportunity to be at the forefront of the ML initiative and will be responsible for leveraging MA's data-sets to develop a machine learning strategy that can be rolled out across the firm. You'll join a small team that will have a big impact on how we do business.
- Set the vision for the function and the roadmap to execute effectively, including reporting and communication for how information is disseminated and acted upon. Gain senior leadership alignment and ensure this is communicated and understood within MA.
- Provide guidance to other groups throughout Moody's Analytics on best practices and advanced techniques.
- Lead/manage the Artificial Intelligence innovation portfolio and pipeline. Understand the customer and business needs in order to recommend solutions where a data/machine learning approach may be optimal
- Design and build machine learning systems that solve difficult problems involving big data/information retrieval/recommendation systems
- Identify and recommend required data sets
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Consistently scan the market/competitors, lead client engagements to understand challenges that they are trying to address, and meet with external partners to bring new ideas and technologies to Moody's Analytics.
- Represent the company as a technical expert on artificial intelligence and present research findings to audiences internally and externally. Demonstrate thought leadership as it relates to data science, and actively seek ways to build MA's "data expertise" reputation externally (white papers, speaking panels, etc.)
- Create a collaborative and effective working relationship with functional leaders to understand business challenges and prioritize solutions that will enable the success of these functions
Emerging Business Unit
- Expertise in artificial intelligence/machine learning techniques with domain knowledge and experience in the following areas: data-driven statistical analysis & modelling, deep learning.
- Deep working experience applying statistics and machine learning techniques to real-world data
- Fluency in a high-level modelling language such as MATLAB, R, Stata, etc.
- Fluency in a software programming language such as Python, C++, Java, etc.
- Experience with Map/Reduce tools (e.g. Hadoop, Pig, Hive)
- Experience with TensorFlow or other Deep Learning frameworks
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Big data, and big data toolset experience
- Exceptional leadership skills to thrive, lead and influence in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated aptitude for collaborating with other functional areas at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts to a senior audience.
- Ability to frame choices in a way that is forward looking to integrate and assimilate complex information and situations and drive decision making
- Demonstrated ability to track multiple programs concurrently and to report progress in an executive level dashboard to senior management
- Must be results-oriented and have a proven ability to get things done through people, including those not under direct management.
- Minimum bachelor's degree; Advanced degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Machine Learning preferred.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.