Business Analyst - Global Data Business Intelligence
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Global Data, we're responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time data available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Across 88 data sets, our Analysts are responsible for distilling intelligence and industry-specific insights for our clients - influencing investment decisions and moving markets daily. None of this would be possible without data driving strategic product decisions, enabled by technical innovation.
Global Data Operations is a centralized organization that supports the operational, strategic, and personal development needs of Data Management teams "allowing Data to Run". Within Operations, the Business Process Management (BPM) group represents 3 functional areas; Business Intelligence, Product Management, and Workflow Engineering. These functional teams develop expertise to work independently, as well as together, to identify and execute opportunities for increased efficiency across our data sets and analyst teams. As a team, our goal is to provide this information accurately, comprehensively, and as frequently as possible for each dimension of Global Data's product analytics - timeliness, quality, and coverage. Together, we closely partner with other teams in Global Data to conduct process analysis and re-engineering when necessary, as well as establish and promote best practices across the organization.
As a member of the BPM - Business Intelligence team, you will leverage technology to transform disparate datasets into actionable insights for our Global Data product owners. We support our business by upholding a standardized method of storing data in our enterprise reporting platform. Members of our team possess a unique combination of technical skills and business acumen, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills. We're looking for well-rounded technologists with highly analytical minds who are passionate about telling stories using data. You will drive the culture of data-driven decision making in Global Data, ensuring our data products are delivered with high quality, timeliness, and efficiency. As a valued member of our team, we'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Devise insightful hypotheses that impact the business and are validated through in-depth analysis.
- Apply your coding skills: Automate the influx of data and develop effective analytics
- Champion improvements: Identify strategic technical gaps in our ecosystem and advocate for scalable solutions
- Design scalable solutions: Model data, select optimal technical components, and diagram process flow
- Work with internal leaders and stakeholders to learn their about their business, identify the strategic opportunities, and offer implementation plans
- Foster the company culture of turning to data for decision-making
- Closely partner with other leaders throughout Global Data to establish priorities for our Technology and Analytical capabilities
Successful applicants will likely possess:
- A BA/BS degree in an analytical discipline, or equivalent professional work experience in data technology, business process management or related field
- Proficiency with business intelligence tools, Qlik Sense preferred
- Proficiency applying database programming, SQL preferred
- Proficiency performing Data Analysis, Python preferred
- Passion for our dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Relationship-building skills, and ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary partners at various levels
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- 2+ years of experience working in data-related field, consulting or technology
Please note this role has the possibility of sitting in Princeton, NJ or New York, NY Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.