Description About this role Summary:
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to serve as a member of BlackRock's 1940 Act Registered Fund Compliance team, focusing on multiple product lines with a focus on open-end mutual funds and closed-end funds.
This individual will be able to effectively manage compliance risk and help ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and applicable BlackRock policies and procedures relating to 1940 Act products. The individual will provide compliance support to key partners including product development, business operations and portfolio management. The successful candidate will also participate in special projects and strategic initiatives. Candidates should be able to work effectively within a team environment, but also be self-directed and able to work autonomously. Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
- Assist in development of compliance program for 1940 Act funds, including development of policies and procedures
- Implement compliance programs/control frameworks relevant to regulatory risks and legal requirements
- Review and analyze transactions being considered for potential investment
- Collaborate on new fund launches and enhancements
- 6-10 years of relevant experience from a legal and compliance department of a leading investment management/financial services organization.
- Experience with the Investment Company Act of 1940 is preferred. Private fund experience will also be considered.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple time sensitive matters in a demanding, fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Business and solution-oriented approach to interacting and working with clients is critical for this role.
- Exceptional analytical, written and oral communication and relationship-building skills required, as is a proven track record working as a member of a team. The candidate must have a strong ability to solve problems in a practical manner and to communicate complex concepts in an understandable way.
- Bachelor's degree required; law degree or M.B.A. welcome.
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $133,000 - $170,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.