Description About this role Summary
We are seeking a self-motivated, experienced regulatory professional to support BlackRock's sustainability and transition-related business platform, firm commitments, and strategic initiatives. This role will involve working collaboratively with colleagues in Legal & Compliance globally and cross-functionally across our platform, including key stakeholders Sustainable and Transition Solutions (STS), BlackRock Investment Stewardship (BIS), Corporate Sustainability (CS) as well as our active, alternatives and index portfolio investment teams and partners in the Global Public Policy Group (GPPG), Sustainable Marketing and Corporate Communications groups.
This Sustainability Compliance officer would be a senior member of a global team reporting to the Global Head of Sustainability Compliance. A successful candidate will need to demonstrate extensive knowledge of the asset management industry and products, applicable regulations as well as the ability to manage and/or lead projects including with a regulatory, operational and risk-oriented lens. Key Responsibilities
- Provide ongoing advice regarding our Compliance Program for ESG/Sustainability with an emphasis on analyzing the impact of ongoing sustainability-related regulatory developments globally from a commercial and strategic perspective.
- Participate in committees and working groups across the firm representing our team and/or L&C and
- Support STS, BIS, BSI and our investment teams in enhancing existing and developing new governance frameworks to support this growth area
- Review and help update the relevant policies, procedures, and processes to address key regulatory, compliance and reputational risk areas for the firm and its evolving strategy.
- Support STS's client-facing efforts, including providing regulatory advice related to governance, marketing, ESG data and thought leadership
- Support PMG, EII and BAI and its sustainability-related initiatives, including product launches and thought leadership
- Partner with GPPG and STS on sustainability-related policy initiatives, including contributing to consultations and comment letters
- 10-15 years of asset management legal and/or compliance experience with ESG/Sustainability investing experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree required and graduate (law) degree a plus
- Knowledge of applicable US laws, rules and regulations related to asset management and broker-dealer areas
- Strong written/oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to outline a project and manage to completion while interacting with various parts of BlackRock
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, logically, and analytically
- Proficient in Word required
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint a plus
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $180,500 - $230,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.