Technical Program Manager - Tampa - C13 - R2053665
The Technical Program Manager is responsible for managing difficult and transformational strategic programs in our organization with multiple teams through other managers. Requires In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function and deep problem solving skills. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, often at senior level, in particular colleagues in other areas. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Technical Responsibilities -
- Accountable for planning and managing a group of related technology projects or activities in a coordinated way from inception through successful delivery.
- Integrate subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate.
- Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Cultivate operational excellence within your teams. Understand service level agreements (SLA) and how your systems are performing in relation to them.
- Have a deep understanding of the design approaches and technologies utilized in your area. Keep technical debt in check. Ensure teams are building using modern practices and tools.
- Work across multiple scrum teams. Work may be cross-cutting across products, scrum teams, and/or technologies or your work may be vertically focused on a single product or feature set.
- Understand the needs of the engineers and technical operations teams who have to build, maintain, and operate the system for the life of the system.
- Recognize complex designs and propose simplified solutions by working with software design engineers, principals, and TPMs.
- Partner with industry vendors that provide technology or user experience design components and work with vendors on our implementation plans and roadmaps identifying partnership opportunities to increase our development velocity and our learnings.
- Focus on the customer experience, Regulatory expectation and mandates, the build and delivery processes and the problems to be solved. Have a deep understanding of the business and technical requirements for the solutions being built.
- Support roadmap-planning process and Write documentation as required.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Help customers and the engineering teams make trade-off decisions by considering all of the data including business goals, technical platform strategy, customer experience, maintainability.
- Work with limited guidance, seeking guidance as needed. The product and delivery strategy is defined; the design is not.
- Ability to break down very complex technical projects, abstract technical complexity and present this information to non-technical stakeholders and decision makers.
- Align dependent organizations and remove/mitigate all blocking issues, collaborating with Tech Leads, Principal Engineers, Engineering Managers, Delivery and Product Managers.
- Identify blocking issues and manage their resolution, anticipate bottlenecks and adequately factor in contingency for unplanned delays. You identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels. Determine if success metrics are in place and if not, work to define them.
- Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialog to resolve them.
- Communicate roll up of project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner for senior leadership consumption, escalating blocking issues when appropriate.
- Communicate upward and outward. Communicate progress, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, identify, assess, track and mitigate issues/risks at multiple levels.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (preferably computer science) or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience
- 3+ years of project/program management experience and working directly with software development teams.
- 3+ years experience delivering with an agile methodology
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Data driven and results-oriented
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in an environment.
- Ability to motivate and focus a collaboration to reach challenging goals.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Experience of building and launching a new product or service from the ground up and/or experience with external facing production systems preferred. Significant experience building complex business and/or transactional models.
- Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly, effectively influencing across cross functional teams
C13 Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Technology Project Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting