Chief Diversity Officer
Chief Diversity Officer
At Silicon Valley Bank, wesupport the businesses that invent the future. We help innovators, enterprisesand investors move bold ideas forward, fast. Today, we provide a range ofbanking services to companies of all sizes in innovation centers around theworld.
We believe that Silicon Valley Bank and the innovationecosystem benefit from a diversity of opinions and ideas. SVB works diligentlyto attract and retain employees with different backgrounds, experiences anddemographics. We actively engage with industry groups and initiatives that makeinclusion and diversity a top priority in the innovation economy.
SVB takes a multipronged approach to building an inclusive work environmentthat drives awareness and action, through regular training and educationalopportunities, leadership development, hiring outreach programs, and strategicpartnerships. We have an executive Inclusion and Diversity Steering Committee,which guides and sponsors initiatives, sets goals and benchmarks, ensuresprogress toward goals, and oversees an employee advocacy network focused onthese objectives. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways ofthinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionallyunderrepresented in technology and financial services to apply.
? We start with empathy for others
? We speak and act with integrity
? We embrace diverse perspectives
? We take responsibility
? We keep learning and improving
SVB is seeking a Chief Diversity Officer who will champion, promote, and continue toguide the Companys inclusion strategy and diversity initiatives across ourglobal footprint in a way that is authentic to SVB. The CDO will report to theChief Human Resources Officer and will lead our strategic efforts around Inclusion and Diversity(I&D). This role will bring thought leadership, perspective and vision toimplement impactful programs and will guide SVBs inclusion strategy anddiversity initiatives in close partnership with the Executive Committee, CHRO, HRLeadership and SVBs I&D Steering Committee. This role is integralto the company, our culture, and the experience of every employee.
The idealcandidate will demonstrate a proven ability to operationalize an Inclusion andDiversity strategy and definehow we manage and influence change. This individual should bring prior successin building programs and improving leadership capabilities across theorganization in ways that enable a consistent approach to inclusivity. They will bring experience engaging in difficult conversations, listening and learning, buildingcollective awareness, examining biases, and striving to ensure that allemployees feel respected. This individual will be an influencer, a thought leader, and anagent of change.
- Build upon SVBs global I&D strategy to foster the kind of inclusive workplace that attracts and retains the very best people and teams; expand our I&D program globally.
- Engage and network with the broader innovation community to identify external inclusion and diversity partners, organizations, and events; push beyond best practices to innovative and creative thought-leadership.
- Measure the impact of the I&D strategy using data-driven practices and leverage the Talent Insights organization to generate insights and ensure effectiveness and measurement of I&D efforts to determine focus areas.
- Partner with senior leaders across SVB (operations, finance, risk, sales, marketing, etc.) to develop organization-specific plans for advancing I&D goals relative to the challenges and opportunities within each organization.
- Build upon efforts to establish Employee Resource Groups, ensuring their impact and effectiveness across the organization.
- Engage with SVBs client community to foster engagement, build mutually beneficial partnerships, and create synergies.
- Represent SVB at events and public speaking engagements both internally and externally.
- Manage, mentor and lead the I&D team, creating an engaged environment with an open communication culture and providing effective guidance.
- Align and leverage strategic partnerships with our Access to Innovation program, Year Up, SVB Trek, and our Corporate Social Responsibility Team.
- Collaborate with the following partners:
- Talent Development to expand our training programs and resources across SVB
- Talent Acquisition to attract talent through events, conferences, and partnerships with professional organizations, educational institutions, local community groups and non-profit organizations
- HR Operations & Talent Insights on reporting and analysis of key metrics and EEO compliance requirements
- Corporate Communications in driving the content to tell our story internally and externally, working with our marketing and communications partners on our I&D global brand strategy and employee involvement
- Legal on employment legislation and guidance regarding how we can effectively track and distribute data on our global workforce in adherence to regulatory requirements
- 12-15+ years of Inclusion & Diversity experience in roles of progressively increasing scope and in high-growth organizations
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or equivalent experience is required with a preference for an advanced degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
- Demonstrated experience leading and growing teams
- Experience in a high profile, strategic HR role with heavy executive-level interface
- Proven, progressive experience and demonstrated effectiveness leading global diversity and inclusion related initiatives and programs
- Track record of fostering, driving, and implementing innovative ideas with broad impact
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in facilitation and presentation
- The ability to synthesize complex situations into a digestible format for the business leaders and their teams
- Preference for experience with the development, implementation and evaluation of D&I training programs
- Exceptional strategic consulting skills: deeply listens and responds with agility
- Navigates complex organizational and business dynamics, including the ability to influence and partner with leadership
- Strong executive presence, experience framing communications for executive audiences
- Possesses strong network of external thought partners who bring insights on best practices
- Facilitates and shares best practices horizontally across organizations to enhance inclusivity; keen ability to read organization dynamics.
- Exceptional communication in writing and speaking, use your voice to drive meaningful change
- Leads with compassion and empathy, effectively balance your passion for the work with business objectives
- Expresses disagreement constructively (e.g., by emphasizing points of agreement, suggesting alternatives that may be acceptable to the group)
- Implements or supports various change management activities
- Effective orientation toward data and analytics
- Critical listening and thinking skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
United States-California-Santa Clara Work Locations: Job:
Human Resources Organization:
SVB Financial Group. Schedule:
Full-time Job Posting:
Jun 18, 2020, 2:45:37 PM