Senior Business Analyst
- GBP45000 - GBP64730 per annum + benefits
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- DWP Digital
- 11 Feb 19
Do you want to be part of something really big? Are you Senior Business Analyst seeking a new challenge? Are you able to lead the way in business process improvement? Are you ready to join us in a massive digital challenge? Then look no further, we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking for 4 x Senior Business Analysts to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation. Our people work on projects that are revolutionising products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies - and putting the user at the centre of everything we do - we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
We're looking for Senior Business Analysts to support the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), in implementing change and improvements, including defining requirements on some of the UK's biggest public-facing services.
You'll be working alongside product owners as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver a "world class service" designed for people who use them in line with the governments' Digital service standard.
You'll be rewarded for your contribution with development opportunities and pay that reflects your expertise.
You and your role
You'll have considerable Business analyst experience, working with a range of stakeholders and focusing on defining requirements and capturing user needs.
You will have an excellent understanding of strategic arenas and be able to influence large and complex projects. You will have proven task management skills and the ability to mentor others.
You will expertly manage relationships, and advance the Business Analyst community through a range of activities including the sharing of best practice and mentoring others.
Working on the end to end journey you will ensure the user can complete their goal and the service provided meets the policy intent.
What are we looking for?
Essential Skills and Experience
As a Senior Business Analyst, you'll have to be able to:
* Work effectively at pace across both agile and waterfall methodologies
* Understand the development lifecycle in terms of stages, principles and the changing responsibilities of the senior business analyst
* Elicit requirements using a range of techniques in order to understand current processes and gather and prioritise new requirements. Collaborates with stakeholders at all levels and prepares business cases
* Document, prioritise and communicate all types of requirements using the most appropriate tools and techniques for the situation and audience
* Investigate requirements, problems and opportunities and lead effective solutions to meet user needs
* Produce quality requirements documents; construct process and data models and other outputs appropriate to the audience and methodology
* Facilitates scoping and priority setting of change initiatives and takes responsibility for the investigation and application of changes to programme scope
* Build long-term strategic relationships with senior stakeholders. Act as a single point of contact and facilitate access to colleagues and subject matter experts. Negotiate at senior level on technical and commercial issues and influence the development and enhancement of services, products and systems
Desirable Skills and Experience
* BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis - four modules: Business Analysis Practice and Requirements Engineering and one knowledge based specialism and one practitioner specialism
* Applies and drives Agile principles to their work and the team's work
* Can construct complex process and data models using mapping standards and software (BPM, Visio) for significant change programmes and across multiple business functions. Obtains input from and communicates modelling results to senior managers for agreement
* Advise on implementation techniques, take ownership of issues including making recommendations and presenting alternative options when issues arise
* Understands principles of testing phases in different project environments and the link to requirements documentation including production and execution of test scripts.
* Experience of open source and cloud technologies and their sourcing
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital's community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
A great site designed for and by members of our digital community, here we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
What is our offer?
- We'll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £64,730
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We'll help you balance your life and work
- We'll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package - including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks - which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
If you really impress us with your skills and experience then we may be able to negotiate the maximum salary.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we're serious about investing in you.
You'll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you'll acquire on the job. You'll get the chance to share knowledge and with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
How to Apply?
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information.
You'll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile