Senior Compliance Officer for a leading alternatives asset manager focusing on AML and financial crime advisory
Our client is a successful global alternatives asset manager. They are hiring a London based Senior Compliance Officer with a focus on AML advisory and financial crime.
- assist in the development and maintenance of AML and CFT responsibilities
- monitor the ongoing development of the firm’s AML framework
- advise on the adequacy of AML/CDD documentation for fund transactions and investments
- be involved in AML/CDD committees
- provide the business with advice and guidance on current and emerging regulations, sanctions and market developments and advice senior management on how to meet these obligations
- oversee the Compliance Monitoring Programme (“CMP”) covering a range of business activities
- assist the team with compliance declarations and training, including: general compliance training, AML training, SMCR training and global trainings as necessary
- provide guidance and support or matters relating to day-to-day compliance activities such as personal account dealings, gift policies and conflicts of interest
- draft, implement and harmonise policies and procedures as they relate to areas of internal control and AML/CDD to ensure they are appropriate and fit with our global approach
- identify regulatory changes in different jurisdictions and taking the lead on implementing changes as required, proactively respond to business changes and represent the Compliance team at working groups.
- assist and advise all parts of the business with regulatory audits and investigations
Candidates will need to have good AML and financial crime experience, either inhouse or consulting, and ideally some exposure to investments or asset management The successful candidate will be a self-starter, possess excellent academics, strong project and stakeholder management skills and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines in a fast paced and pressurised environment.