QIS is a fast growing business, as part of the Investment Solutions, sits within Global Markets unit, focusing in the design, manufacturing and distribution of rule based, multiasset strategies, built as investable indices. BBVA QIS offers clients a wide range of investment alternatives leveraging on BBVA´s powerful data-driven skills and expertise.
About the job
Support the QIS Head of QIS in the implementation of the business strategy. Leading the marketing function of the QIS business. Ensures the alignment of the Investment Strategies offering meet the required quality and suitability for the different client’s needs.
- Centralizes and Drives all the QIS Marketing initiatives to meet Clients and Sales Teams requirements.
- Supports the overall QIS business, ESG and x-asset, strategy partnering closely with QIS product development, QIS Sales and the whole business value chain (Sales, Structuring, Trading, Quants, Engineering, Operations, Risk, Legal, Compliance, etc.)
- Sets along with sales team the wrapping and delivery strategy aligned with the product development strategy, target market and geography.
- Plays a key role in developing financial modelling and business cases for development opportunities.
- Analyzes key competitive trends identifying new revenue growth opportunities and disruptive delivery models.
- Identifies new or emerging product opportunities to enhance current QIS ESG and x-asset product offering.
- Participates in the pre-sale effort closely working with distribution/clients and marketing team.
- Product Specialist serving as a subject matter expert to BBVA Sales Teams on the QIS product offering.
Academic Background and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in any of the following disciplines: finance, economics, business administration or engineering.
- Master in a quantitative field is a plus.
- More than 5 years of experience either in Quantitative areas of either Global Markets unit, or an Asset Management company, as product specialist.
- A good understanding of the investment process, investment management industry, portfolio theory, and structured products business.
- Experience building business and marketing plans.
- Experience presenting investment products to institutional investors and private banks.
- Experience in running through the process of RFPs with institutional investors is a plus.
- Practical knowledge of the different asset classes.
- Experience with programming languages is a plus: VBA, Python.
- Knowledge of analytical platforms such as Bloomberg.
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal and presenting.
This position will require the candidate to have a valid Mifid certification. In case the candidate is not certified, they will have to obtain the pertaining certification upon the incorporation to the role.