We're a global leader in account-to-account payments, making it easy for merchants to collect both recurring and one-off payments directly from customers' bank accounts. Our global payments network and technology platform take the pain out of getting paid for 80,000 businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses. Each year we process US$30 billion of payments across more than 30 countries. We're headquartered in the UK, with additional offices in Australia, France, Latvia and the United States.
You will be part of our Risk function, whose mission is to ensure we build a trusted payments network - both a defensive and offensive role, no matter whether you're in the legal, compliance, risk or external affairs teams.
At GC we're approaching Risk in financial services in a new way. We don't do box-ticking, or employ an army of naysayers, we:
- Build trusted foundations - we build & operate core capabilities to understand & manage risk today, in a way that is measurable and that scales efficiently tomorrow.
- Deliver the runway - we work collaboratively & proactively to shape and deliver trusted products that underpin our strategy.
- Power commercial growth - we enable commercial success by delivering low-friction experiences for all stakeholders, and getting deals done efficiently.
This role is part of the Enterprise Risk team. You'll join a small but mighty team of experts who advise the company on privacy, security and resiliency risk, manage supplier risk, handle our certifications and assurance, and run our enterprise and operational risk management programmes.
What experience are we looking for? The role
This role is maternity cover for our Senior Manager, Incident Response. You'll lead the incident management programme that helps us achieve our Risk mission. This includes a team of both dedicated and volunteer incident response managers.
The role will involve:
- Creating, running and improving the processes that keep our incident management programme on track, coordinating the efforts of team members focused on fixing the problem, preventing further harm and learning from incidents.
- Defining and tracking meaningful incident metrics, and communicating them in a way that helps us understand our risk profile.
- Operating and improving best-in-class incident management tools.
- Being a champion for risk in the company, promoting a culture of proactive risk management, help embed it into our operating model, and communicate frequently to ensure enthusiasm, support and progress for enterprise risk management across the organisation.
We're looking for someone who knows what a great incident response programme looks like.
- You know what works to manage incident responders, how incident response feeds into overall enterprise risk management processes, and how the tools work.
- You have experience running major scale incidents to containment and recovery
- You're technology and data-savvy, energised by finding new tools and exploring new data sets to generate meaningful insights.
- You are good at designing and running slick and efficient operational processes and have a mindset for continuous improvement
- You have strong stakeholder management experience, able to keep them informed and engaged with clear communication and concrete objectives.
- You're comfortable working independently, while also being a great collaborator on complex multi-team processes.
- You take a proactive and organised approach, working with teams across the business to get the inputs you need on time.
- You savour a challenge, don't get disheartened easily and drive projects through to completion.
- You are easy to work with, and want to work in a fun, fast-growing and fast-paced company.
Bonus points if:
Life at GoCardless
- You've previously had an IRM role in a big tech company (FB, Linkedin, Apple, Microsoft, Twitter etc.)
- You have experience at a startup or in a similar-sized, similarly regulated organisation.
- You've managed a programme from the headquarters of a global company with multiple offices worldwide
When it comes to culture, we're proud of what we call the 'GC magic'. It's primarily defined by our values: Start With Why, Be Humble, Act with Integrity, and Care Deeply. They've been our bedrock since day one, and they continue to be one of the key factors of our success, and the reason we love showing up to work every day.
Because we're now delivering on our important, and ambitious vision to become the world's bank payment network, we're working at pace. To help clear the path to success - so any obstacles and blockers don't slow us down - we've introduced our own set of operating principles, which live alongside our values. They're designed to help us successfully navigate our continued growth by helping us work together better. They provide guideposts around some of the key areas of how we operate so things are smoother, easier and ultimately lead to better outcomes. Read more about our values and operating principles here.
There's lots more to the magic. We view Diversity and inclusion as a business imperative, so we have a leader whose role it is to ensure we create an inclusive workplace where people from all backgrounds can thrive, and where people from all walks of life want to join us. We also have high engagement with our GeeCee-led 'employee resource groups' (such as BEAM, Inspiring, Pride, Mindful and Access) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team. You can view our latest Gender Pay Gap report here.
We've also rolled out our 'Adaptive Working' and 'Work Away' schemes. Adaptive Working allows you to work flexibly, and in a way that fits around your lifestyle, whilst still ensuring our teams can collaborate effectively and get together and socialise. Work Away gives the flexibility to work away from your normal country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period.
You'll receive equity in the company. Having this 'buy in' is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
There's also our legendary 'GC Fridays'. They're four additional all-company days off every year, giving GeeCees a chance to switch off and relax, as a token of thanks for everyone's hard work and commitment.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter , Instagram and LinkedIn .