IT Operations Director
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
In this role you will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of high-quality production services to the Global Asset Management business. This role begins with proactive involvement in change initiatives (whether software, SaaS, PaaS, end user computing or infrastructure) to ensure the eventual delivery will be of the highest quality and reliability, and ends with being responsible for the day-to-day delivery of production services to business users and clients. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
• Manage a global team of up to 50 (staff, consultants and vendor supplied staffing) focused on operational excellence of the CTI technology platform
• Work proactively with business facing technology leads to understand the forward roadmap of change and ensure the production environment is ready for the change.
• Ensure capacity is available for organic and inorganic business growth
• Own initial troubleshooting, problem diagnosis, problem resolution and ongoing production support for the complete Asset Management Technology suite of applications and services.
• Ensure the up time and response time SLAs/OLAs for services are met.
• Pro-actively monitor the stability and performance of the AMT suite of applications and services.
• Own the relationship with AMT's technology infrastructure vendors (e.g., AMPF Cloud Operations) and ensure they are delivering to expectations
• Ensure patching and regular maintenance is being performed for applications and underlying infrastructure
• Recommend strategies and solutions for software/hardware/network engineering problems/incidents based upon comprehensive and thoughtful analysis of business goals, objectives, requirements and existing technologies.
• Recommend robust solutions utilising pragmatic judgement, creativity, and in-depth technical knowledge and evaluation that comprehensively meet the needs of the business.
• Provide oversight and leadership to the technology operations team (may include employees, contract personnel and/or vendor partners and their resources).
• Manage effective relationships with technology and business leadership, team members, vendors, and contractors to deliver robust technical solutions ensuring that service level commitments and project time lines are maintained.
• Lead the continual refinement of processes, policies and best practices to ensure the highest possible performance and availability of technology
• Participate in change management process and approve technology and service changes; ensure balance between business requests and impact/risk.
• Work proactively with application development teams throughout the project / change lifecycle to ensure the smooth and successful transition of technology and services into production
• Create, maintain and update documentation of detailed design documents, diagrams, engineering specifications, build changes, models, troubleshooting and support guides, systems metrics and Standard Operating Procedures as required to ensure operational excellence.
• Continuously develop specialized knowledge and technical subject matter expertise by remaining apprised of industry trends, the direction of emerging technologies, and their potential value to the business.
• Create application operational KPIs and measure ongoing performance of the CTI technology platform
• Create plans centered on the principles of continuous improvement to ensure ongoing stability and scalability of the CTI tech platform Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have....
• Highly innovative problem solver with strong analytical and customer service abilities required.
• Strong ability to communicate and articulate technical information across various organizational levels both in writing and verbally
• High reasoning aptitude and ability to quickly understand complex operating environments. Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great....
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Proven engineering/support experience with some relevant technologies including AWS native tools, application development languages, database technologies, Microsoft EUT tools, etc.
- Experience providing day-to-day oversight/supervision to a team of technical employees and/or vendor partner resources
- Experience with batch processing
- Ability to support working outside of normal business hours to provide after hour or "on-call" support when necessary to solve high profile incidents/problems.