Currently looking to recruit 2 seasoned Regulatory Financial Reporting(External and Internal) Accountant for a top tier Investment Bank in Canary Wharf. This role is heavily projects focused. Therefore the ideal candidate must come from this sort of background and he/she must be a chartered accountant qualified.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and monitor resources to meet the following objectives:
- Prepare, review and submit external reports on a monthly and quarterly basis Conduct in-depth analysis of variances, incorporating the understanding of accounting issues, economic events and their impact.
- Assist in driving process efficiencies and continuous process improvement efforts to strengthen controls. Execute report pre-submission checks, implement control procedures, and review regulatory reporting requirements.
- Maintain a consolidated list of adjustment details by report and participate in data quality improvement projects to strengthen controls, improve report accuracy and reduce manual adjustments.
- Participate in other special projects and ad-hoc requests as needed. Execute key reporting controls (cross filing reconciliations, variance analysis)
- Prepare and store control evidence for the centralized report population.
- Prepare due diligence review decks and participate in reviews with key stakeholders.
- Review and update relevant policies and procedures Participate in Regulatory exams, internal audits and address inquiries as required.
- Continually monitor developments in regulatory rule/reporting changes and support implementation of updated reporting requirements.
- Execute ad-hoc projects to support reporting automation initiatives and regulatory reporting changes.
- 5+ years of experience in regulatory reporting production, review and submission.
- Demonstrated experience in regulatory reporting production, review and submission.
- Experience in managing, developing and leading teams.
- Strong relevant U.S. regulatory reporting knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in verbal/writing and present to various types of audiences complex issues in an easy to understand manner.
- Strong communication skills, clear, concise, and appropriate method of delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in using regulatory and financial reporting systems such as Regulus and Axiom.
- Experience with establishing and meeting critical deadlines, as well as tracking and driving execution.
- Flexibility to change priorities as new situations present themselves.
- Risk awareness and good guardianship skills.
- Collaborative team player with a strong work ethic that works effectively in cross-functional team environment.
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent specialization in Finance stream
- Preferred 7+ years finance experience in the financial services industry (regulatory reporting, financial and product control, liquidity, treasury)Regulatory and compliance knowledge with financial background and risk management is a plus
- Big 4 accounting experience preferable