Equity Application Support Analyst
: Equities Application Support Analyst Company
Jefferies, the global investment banking firm, has served companies and investors for over 50 years. Headquartered in New York, with offices in over 30 cities around the world, the firm provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, institutional brokerage and securities research, as well as wealth management. The firm provides research and execution services in equity, fixed income, and foreign exchange markets, as well as a full range of investment banking services including underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and recapitalization, and other advisory services, with all businesses operating in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Position
Jefferies is seeking for a Senior Level2 Application support personal to support the growth and maintenance of Equity Trading related applications. Primary Responsibilities:
Qualifications Desired Experience/ Skills:
- Monitor application components.
- Resolve complex application and technical problems.
- Debugging the system and fixing the production related issues.
- Escalate / follow-up on permanent fix for development related issues.
- Build, test and install software in Dev, QA, Prod/DR environment.
- Build monitor tools for production environments.
- Expedient deployment of new systems. Capacity planning and support for increasing volumes and business growth.
- Handles complex operational tasks and recommends process and technology changes.
- Lead/Support complex efforts involving Analysis, Design, Development and testing of various application components.
- Provide solutions for application automation.
- Manage communication of system and application outages to the end users whenever required.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Previous career roles in Support Analyst Experience at other investment houses or in a related field.
- Strong in Unix, Linux and Windows skills.
- Knowledge with SQL, Perl, K-Shell, C-Shell
- Strong Knowledge of FIX protocol
- Hands-on experience in support of a real-time trading environment.
- Knowledge of support applications that use high-performance messaging/middleware.
- Strong analytical, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Java, C#, C++ development skills set, nice plus
- Good communication skills, including the ability to write clearly.
- Able to function effectively as a member of a team.
- Proactive with respect to personal and technical development.