Enterprise Data Architect
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Cognizant Technology Solutions UK Ltd
- 24 Sep 17
Cognizant is looking for an Insurance Enterprise Data Architect to join our Analytics & Information Management (AIM) Practice, onsite for a large client of ours in London.
- Drive toward customer’s strategic Architecture goals and objectives by enhancing the coherence, quality, security and availability of the organization’s data assets through the development and deployment of Organization’s Architecture roadmap
- Be primary advocate of standards, data modeling and data processing artefacts and guide data architecture work across multiple projects
- Provide strategic architectural oversight on assigned projects, including development of data model, interface and migration formats
- Help customer to build CDO office and drive the maturity towards data-driven enterprise
- Work with the business analysts to understand requirements and informational needs.
- Engage with the functional SMEs to understand the data entities and sources, their relational and hierarchical dependencies, and their business context.
- Ensure all designs are modelled using the appropriate industry techniques (Kimball, Inmon) and approaches (dimensional / OLAP, normalized)
- Apply detailed design principles (such as 3NF, surrogate keys, fact less fact tables and slowly changing dimensions) where appropriate
- Maintain effective working relationships with Project Managers, Business Analysts and DBAs
- Observe and integrate security and access constraints / considerations into the design
- Identify appropriate data quality checks and ensure data quality enforcement is integral to the design (e.g. foreign key constraints)
- Address data-related problems in regards to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration
- Create new conceptual, logical and physical models to deliver new requirements (top down approach)
- Work according to the project framework including timelines, quality plans, progress reporting, risk and issue identification and communication
- Guide Customer for determining the information the enterprise will capture, retain and exploit
- Defines and implements the strategy roadmap for enterprise data, implementation and data management for new data sources, publicly available data, business-to-business partnerships and advanced Data Analytics systems
- Draws conclusions and effectively communicates findings with both technical and non-technical team members
- Facilitates the assimilation and integration of new technologies and/or change initiatives into the business operations
- Extensive experience of the Data Architecture discipline in a global insurance organization with multiple corporate entities.
- In-depth understanding of data elements and their ramifications across systems for different Insurance products/LOBs namely Commercial Insurance, Retail Insurance and life insurance
- Hand-on experience of implementing ACCORD standard and/or IAA/IIW models
- Extensive data modelling, manipulation and rationalization experience within complex environments.
- Broad and in-depth experience of complex data environments design.
- Considerable experience of SOA based Enterprise Data architectures.
- Proven expertise on RDBMS
- Proven expertise on Database appliances
- Knowledge of web services and XML messaging including XSD, WSDL, SOAP and REST is desirable.
- Experience in data migration and ETL
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
- Experience of MDM is a definite advantage.
- Past experience of data conversion and/or integration for COTS products like GUIDEWIRE, CALLIDUS, DUCKCREEK, VANTAGE etc will be a big plus
Cognizant’s Analytics & Information Management (AIM) Practice has over 28,000 Data professionals globally with approximately 4,000 working on UK client projects.
AIM covers the full spectrum of client information requirements from the most basic management of application data stores through every aspect of Data Governance on to Big Data including every Analytical & Insight requirement and the complete information infrastructure for every Digital business initiative.
Over the last 3 years Cognizant’s UK AIM business unit has more than doubled the size of the team, generating very profitable revenues well in excess of $100m.
Cognizant’s AIM business continues to invest in client initiatives creating an enviable track record of client success with the highest levels of satisfaction. This continued success has created many career progression opportunities for highly skilled information experts wishing to expand and accelerate their information careers.
Over the last 22 years Cognizant’s has delivered meteoric growth and continues to outstrip the consulting marketplace. AIM is one of the core enabling propositions.
Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 230 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.