Business Intelligence & Market Insights Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Planet Payment
- 28 Jan 19
Reporting to the Head of Business Intelligence & Market Intelligence, this is a Group role in the Business and Market Intelligence function within the Marketing department that provides support to both internal and external stakeholders, provisioning insights on the dynamics that currently affect the Tourism, Tax Free and payments industries, as well as the factors that will influence in the future.
The role will be required to build strong relationships with country managers, sales teams, as well as customers, while developing a solid understanding of the business dynamics across the different countries.
This is a truly analytical role with the opportunity of having a significant impact on the business and therefore requires someone with exceptional analytical skills and a high level of intellectual curiosity.
The successful applicant will be comfortable in analysing large amounts of internal transactional data to identify the most critical trends, and combining this with external market data and influencing factors.
Key Result Areas
• Insights & Analysis
The role will require the candidate to support monthly analysis and insights for the Group’s largest customers, utilizing both internal and external data sources, and must be highly flexible in conducting ad hoc analysis requirements in understanding key trends, assessing the drivers of these trends, the sustainability of them and advising on any decisions which should be taken to take advantage or defend against them.
• Market Research
In order to support the provisioning of insights and analysis, the candidate must be comfortable with conducting research and utilising external data sources to supplement reporting and provide additional context to insights including tourism trends, impact of foreign exchange movements, industry trends and macro-economic dynamics.
• Data analysis
The candidate must be highly analytical and comfortable with dealing with large quantities of data and detail oriented, in order to convert findings and interpret data into clear and understandable tables, graphs, and written reports, whilst using statistical techniques to draw out trends, outliers and forecasts.
In order to support the provisioning of insights to external parties, the candidate must be familiar with Business Intelligence and visualisation tools such as Tableau to support both client dashboards for self-serve capabilities, as well as broader sharing of insights, such as Publications, PR, etc.
• Forecasting and Predictive Analytics
The role will require the provisioning of forecasting to a number of partners, which will be supported by external data sources, with a view to assisting the organization in building out it’s predictive analytics capabilities.
The role will require the candidate to provide input to the monthly publication of trends and insights to partners, based on both internal and external data points, with insights to position Planet to be viewed as a Thought Leader in the tourism, shopping and payments services space.
• Internal & External Communication
The role will work closely with the sales team, and potentially in some cases, directly with clients, and the candidate must therefore be comfortable in presenting to different audiences through various mediums.
Knowledge & Experience
- Graduate with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Experience of analysing country/product performance and identifying trends, risks and opportunities
- Good communicator who can take complex data and crafts simple communications across every medium, i.e. both written and verbal
- Experience in writing commentary on detailed performance and linking to macro environment trends
- Driven by delivering results, this role is passionate about supporting the business to grow sales
- Highly analytical, commercially strong and with a logical approach
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- Strong numeracy & literary skills
- Strong SQL, MS Access, Excel and Tableau skills, plus experience in data cubes.
- Driven by results
- Navigating complex organizations
- Building powerful ; cross functional teams
- Problem-solving; able to bring the outside into the organization
- Ability to lead effective change
- Must be logical, self-motivated, proactive, strong analytical skill with a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Excellent time management skills, demonstrating high levels of accuracy, thoroughness, and reliability whilst coping under pressure
• Country Managers
• Sales teams
• Country marketing managers
• Partners / merchants