Python Software Engineer - Glasgow - Associate
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You ' ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You ' ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what ' s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. You ' ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world. Responsibilities include:
- Delivery of software on time and on budget, based on original scope & requirements
- Designing software and producing scalable and resilient technical designs
- Digesting and understanding Business Requirements and designing new modules/functionality to meet those needs
- Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks using a Test Driven Development approach
- Partner with supporting tech leads to develop realistic and achievable project estimates
- Analysis and build within Control, Stability, Resiliency, Capacity & Performance areas
- Testing: Unit, SIT& UAT planning and management
- Robust delivery of code into the production environment
- Take part in decisions affecting long range organizational goals & strategic planning.
- Proactively look to develop, implement and further development best practices across the group. The areas of focus should include, but not be limited to quality improvement, code reviews, code/architecture standards, code reuse, and reduction of support calls, technical documentation and technical design specifications
- Relevant university degree, or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record of application development experience
- Hands on coding experience in Python
- Strong hold in Data Structures and Algorithm
- Good experience in Django framework.
- Hands on experience using numpy and pandas
- Strong experience in building microservices and web API
- Proficient in Apache Spark/PySpark.
- Thorough understanding of version control system concepts
- Up-to date with the latest architectural trends
- Certification on CSA or CSSA would be an added advantage
When you work at J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., you ' re not just working at a global financial institution. You ' re an integral part of one of the world ' s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we ' re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you ' re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.