(Senior) Technical Business Analyst for web banking solutions
In our CTO division, we deliver highly scalable and performant software - with passion. We consist of hundreds of Software Engineers, Architects, Business Analysts, Product Owners and Cluster Leads and speak fluent agile - amongst many other languages. Our vision is clear - we want to code software that provides simplicity for a new era. And we think that we are quite good, at what we do, working with brilliant people on future-ready solutions every day. Our flat hierarchies enable each and every one to have a voice and we are always looking for new ones, helping us to become even more innovative.
When you perform a payment, be it international payments, SEPA payment or Swiss domestic payment and Swiss QR-bill, perform an account transfer, create and manage payment templates and standing payment orders, there is a good chance that you have used our web banking software. We implement the technical web banking framework which enables a seamless handling of payments transactions. We are looking for a motivated software engineer (business analyst) who is interested in the banking business and challenging technical problems. We want you to join us to build on the best web banking software product on the market.
As a member of the web banking development team for Client Payments, you will be part of a group of highly skilled, motivated and dynamic people that are responsible for very central parts of our highly flexible web banking product with robust architecture based on proven design and usability principles.
We will place a large amount of trust in you and give you the freedom to help us shape the core banking technical framework on which the rest of the company is based. The company's non-hierarchical structure will put you in contact with a wide range of industry experts. Along with these experts, external partners and customers will constantly help and challenge you to improve your knowledge of how to create great software and of the business which it serves. Together with our software professionals you analyse customer requirements and drive the design of new functionalities or the enhancement of existing features. Your mission:
What you need:
- Analyze business requirements and processes, evaluate possible scenarios and recommend best business and IT solutions
- Build and design functionalities to execute and implement business solutions in Avaloq
- Analysis and management of customer issues, manage client interaction during testing phase, taking care of bug fixing and potential change requests
- Supporting developers during implementation and testing our newly built functionality
- Prepare reports and project documents concerning new client requirements, ongoing activities and project status
- Work in an Agile environment, in a small team together with software developers, with a high degree of coordination and synchronization, helping to constantly improve our processes and introduce new technologies
You will get extra points for the following:
- University or FH degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics with an affinity and interest for banking/economics or an education in economics with experience and interest in software development or equivalent education/experience
- Good understanding of technical solutions and software testing skills
- Client-orientation and strong communication skills (proficiency in English)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Structured and autonomous approach to work
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges
- Very good knowledge of English (C1 level)
- Avaloq certified professional
- 5+ years of professional experience as a technical business analyst in the banking and financial services industry
- Knowledge of the payment industry and a passion for software development
- German language proficiency