Release & Environment Manager in Zurich | NatWest Group Careers
We're looking for a Release & Environment Manager to join us in Zurich.
What you'll do
- This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in working in an international environment
- You'll work with various stakeholders and share the technical expertise within an agile, collaborative organization
- You'll be joining our bank as it's transforming its architecture, pushing forward with innovative solutions in various technologies
In this key role, you'll be preparing and reviewing release and environment strategy, plans and estimations for satellite systems. You'll understand and support the upcoming flow of work and manage the successful implementation of platform change and deliver customer value, enabling a fast response to environment related needs. Additionally to the regular release integration, you will be responsible to analyse and resolve performance and stability issues.
The function is positioned within a team of 5 release managers, 3 unix engineers and one windows engineer which collaborates closely with Application Management, 3rd party developers, Engineering, IT Operations, Avaloq Release Management and IT Test Management. You'll also be responsible for:
The skills you'll need
- Project support
- Change integration and release packaging
- Change and release deployment
- Analysis and solution development
- Support test and integration management
- Support tools and operations services
- Optimisation and automation of processes
- Interface to 3rd party providers
To succeed in this role, you'll require extensive experience in working using relevant industry standard toolsets and processes in environment management. You'll need to be a capable communicator with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues. You'll need GIT / Jenkins / Artifactory experience and a sounding understanding of UNIX and Windows environments. On top of this, you'll need to have a university degree or formal IT related education. Ideally, we'll look to you to bring release & application management and software development experience (e.g. Java, PL/SQL).
You'll also demonstrate:
- Analytical and structured thinking, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good team player skills
- Fluent English skills, both spoken and written, with German being a large bonus
At NatWest Group, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles. Who we are
NatWest Services (Switzerland) Ltd is an IT service provider and change enabler for the Wealth Businesses of NatWest Group. Our experienced teams are dedicated, determined and enthusiastic in using their capability and drive for innovation to design, build, maintain and run the delivery of an exceptional and sustainable service to UHNW, High Net Worth and Affluent clients.
The NatWest Group Wealth entities offer its clients a comprehensive range of private banking, wealth planning and investment management services through the Coutts, Adam & Company, Private Client Advice & Investment Services (PCAIS) and Premier Banking brands. To anticipate and respond to changing client demand, there is a growing emphasis on delivering a full range of innovative digital services.