Cloud DevOp Expert
About our client:
Our client is a well established insurance company. On behalf of our client, Swisslinx is currently looking for a Cloud DevOp Expert to join a permanent job opportunity in Zurich.
- Lead the transition to a Cloud DevOps environment and the re-design of actuarial applications which are crucial for the business steering and regulatory reporting (e.g. replicating portfolio for market risk, economic scenario generator, etc.).
- Oversight and coach less experienced team members in delivering systems/applications refactoring/enhancements and in embracing more modern technologies and way of working (e.g. DevOps).
- Actively engage with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Azure, and DevOps community, etc.) to leverage top level expertise and services and to ensure life actuarial applications and systems are up to highest quality standards.
- Keeping abreast of latest technological developments and best practice to identify and implement future developments.
- Lead technology strategy for the whole team. Communicate to technical and non-technical audiences (e.g. senior management)
- 8+ years of experience in designing and implementing technological solutions for financial purposes, ideally working for insurance Groups or consultancies.
- Passion about technology and ability to develop innovative solutions with a problem-solving and solution-oriented attitude.
- Experience in promoting and delivering a cloud journey to an organization.
- Experience in transforming application and operation teams to adopt cloud technologies and DevOps practices.
- Experience with public cloud environments (ideally Azure) at enterprise scale.
- Experience in leveraging development platforms (ideally Azure DevOps) for application development and maintenance.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and familiarity with Gitflow.
- Hands-on experience with python.
- Experience with Windows Server administration, Azure Batch, Azure Data Factory, DVC or other similar software is a distinctive plus.
- Experience with models for insurance and predictive analytics (e.g. machine learning) is also welcome.
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders in business and IT (including developers) with proven capability of building and managing relationships.
- Fluent in English.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA