Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders. Legal and Compliance Function to Institutional Banking Group (IBG)
The role is to provide legal and compliance (L&C) support and coverage for IBG. IBG provides corporate customers with a full range of commercial banking products and services, working capital finance, loans and foreign exchange. The role will provide in-depth exposure to the IBG business. The candidate will be expected to work closely with the existing L&C team and IBG business partners. In addition, there will be opportunities to work with counterparts and business partners regionally outside Singapore where there are similar lines of business. Responsibilities
- Provide timely, commercial and sensible legal and regulatory advice to internal stakeholders, including providing advice on cross-border and domestic requirements relating to IBG business, with focus on financing and lending.
- Undertake review and development of standard documentation with product managers to improve commerciality, consistency and simplicity. Develop guidelines and processes for deviation from the Bank's standard terms and conditions.
- Develop, streamline and improve on documentation, policies and processes.
- Support the development and execution of new products (including loans/hire purchase/risk participations/bancassurance), initiatives and digital solutions.
- Assist and complete negotiation of transactional documentation.
- Implement tools/processes to mitigate legal and compliance risks, review materials to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and provide thematic training to internal stakeholders.
- Work and liaise with external legal counsels and other internal stakeholders on implementation of new products, new product approval documentation and in the review and negotiation of transaction documentation.
- Work with external counsels to manage disputes and litigation.
- 6-10 years of relevant working experience in the financial/banking industry, preferably in corporate banking.
- Professional qualifications in addition to a degree in law from a reputable university.
- Experience and familiarity in handling documentation related to credit/lending and institutional banking products. Familiarity with digital ecosystems/products/solutions will be added advantage.
- Good knowledge of banking and financial services laws and regulations, best practices, and understanding of institutional banking products. Knowledge of cross border regulatory and legal framework (particularly in DBS core markets) will be an added advantage.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and inter-personal skills, ability to provide advice reflecting lateral thought and ability to work on multiple tasks, including running projects and managing multiple stakeholders.
- Must be a self-starter with initiative, be a team player who is innovative, customer focus and performance and results orientated.
- Able to effectively prioritize, manage and complete multiple transactions / tasks within deadlines
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.