Principal, Retail Solution Engineer
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Sales Job Details
The Retail Solution Engineer (RSE) will be instrumental in bringing together Salesforce and third party product offerings to validate coherent customer and industry solutions as well as establishing global best practice across the company. You will have the opportunity to work alongside our best and most innovative customers across ASEAN to help craft scalable B2B and B2C solutions and to help customers with their transformational strategies in enterprise software pre-sales cycles.
This is an Individual Contributor role, providing strategic and functional direction to drive Retail Industry signings, and increasing win rates through strategic offerings, solutioning, and enablement. This role sits within the Asia Solution Engineering organization structure, reports directly to the VP Solution Engineering, Asia, and will provide guidance and support to the ASEAN region.
Salesforce, the Intelligent Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
The Retail Solution Engineer (FS SE, Presales) is a customer-facing who will act as an enterprise domain expert to sales teams on the Salesforce Customer Success Platform and how it fits into an enterprise business and IT architecture. With a broad IT background including: business architecture, technical architecture, software/systems engineering, and cloud computing, the RSE will structure the proposed deployment of Salesforce solutions and transform customer business strategy into execution.
The RSE is a subject matter expert in one or more categories that may include: customer relationship management across sales and service, business strategy, application architecture, integration, security, cloud computing, mobile, and analytics. The RSE has the ability to determine which Salesforce and third-party technologies to leverage in customer driven architectures leveraging Enterprise Architecture frameworks and Salesforce methodologies. The RSE will help the sales teams and customers design specific product roadmaps against business strategies.
As a strong preference, RSE should have a strong retail industry alignment and knowledge with the Retail industry. The individual should have a strong industry point of view, able to discuss future trends and challenges and provide a Salesforce perspective on how these will be addressed. Knowledge of core industry customer related business processes.
She or he should be comfortable discussing, describing and demonstrating all aspects of the Salesforce platform and advanced skills including our architecture, integration and declarative/programmatic extensions to business and IT audiences including the CTO/CIO and Chief Digital Officers. With a strong blend of technical and sales skills the FS SE uses a consultative approach to understand business and technical requirements and to help the sales teams develop and refine a technical sales strategy and Salesforce solution fit.
The role will also include internal enablement of the wider Solution Engineering and Sales organisation across ASEAN and ongoing collaboration with colleagues at a global level. Responsibilities
- Business planning and strategy
- Understanding of design thinking and principles
- Advise CIO/CTO/EA level contacts and their teams as they look to move their business to a cloud solution
- Present Salesforce Retail solutions, including demonstrating deep familiarity with CG Cloud, security and integration capabilities
- Understand the customer need and establish Salesforce's product as the best solution that addresses the technical and business requirements, within the context of the Financial Services industry
- Work with the internal Retail Business leads to support pipe generation activities
- Conduct solution architecture and technical workshops that may include enablement sessions, both externally and internally
- Contribute expertise to define Retail demonstration environments
- Work closely with other elements of the Salesforce organization, e.g. alliances, sales effectiveness, Enterprise Architecture steering committee, product marketing, etc. to develop and execute internal and external programs and initiatives.
- Translate business requirements into business and technical solutions and roadmaps that best leverage the Salesforce products and third-party technologies
- Lead discovery sessions, solution design and document solutions that are aligned with the client's business goals
- Ability to combine customer needs today with long range planning for success in the future
- Partner with Salesforce's Product, Services and Enterprise Architecture teams to establish best practice and reference architectures
- Identify architecture risks in customer plans and propose remedies
- Promote best practice solutions globally
- Participate in appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
- Assist sales teams delivering Ignites (Salesforce's innovation and ideation methodology) and the Salesforce Enterprise Architecture process called Illuminate
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
- Attain quarterly and annual goals assigned by management
- Mentor and guide more junior resources
*LI-Y Accommodations -
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.