Highly reputable and world-leading commodity broker is looking to hire an APAC Chief Compliance Officer based out of Singapore. The role will manage a team and be responsible for APAC compliance strategy and framework, as well as acting as a key regional point of contact for the business, regulators and other stakeholders, providing advice and support where necessary.
APAC Chief Compliance Officer - reporting to the Global Head of Compliance.
About This Role:
This role will require the individual to operate across a range of countries in providing compliance expertise. The role will involve working with the business in the APAC Region.
The candidate will report into the Global Compliance Head and will be responsible for executing on a regional compliance strategy and framework.
- Overseeing and contributing to a comprehensive and documented programme of routine and non-routine compliance monitoring and assurance activities of the APAC business.
- Providing compliance review and approval of new Business specific initiatives such as new transaction structures, new jurisdictions, new systems, etc.
- Providing advice on the application of global compliance policies, exchange rules and regulations.
- Advising on new and existing products and all regulatory activities, including relevant regulatory change.
- Maintaining good relationships with relevant APAC regulators.
- Working with Legal, Compliance colleagues and other support function staff across the region and in the other regions to advise on and to address any cross-jurisdictional compliance matters.
- Drafting and providing Compliance training.
- Assisting with regulatory inspections or enquiries and coordinating responses with input from relevant stakeholders.
- Participating in the annual Compliance Risk Assessment Process.
- Conducting and co-ordinating risk-based monitoring reviews as part of the Compliance Assurance Programme to assess regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Ensuring issues are escalated to Group Head of Compliance and other Senior Management as necessary.
- Preparing reporting and MI, as necessary.
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s regulatory requirements as appropriate.
- Adhere to the operational risk framework for your role ensuring that all regulatory or company determined parameters are complied with.
- Role model for demonstrating highest level standards of integrity and conduct and reflecting Company Values.
- To ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility.
- To report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/ or your supervisor as required
Key Skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A collaborative team player, approachable, self-efficient and influences a positive work environment
- Demonstrates curiosity
- Resilient in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Ability to take a high level of responsibility in a fast pace and high-volume environment
- Excels at building relationships, networking and influencing others
- Strategic collaborator with insight and agility, able to anticipate future challenges, ensuring operational effectiveness.
- Experience working in a Compliance function in a regulated environment and knowledge of the risk and compliance requirements associated with this.
- Knowledge of APAC rules and requirements, notably HK and Australia as well as Singapore
- Educated to degree level