A leading bank is currently looking for a IT Project Manager to support the financial/regulatory & compliance change agenda for the bank, at AVP level.
The IT Project Manager holds the overall responsibility and accountability for IT project management within the Technology domain. This individual will work in partnership with finance, operations and technology to deliver projects to agreed scope, schedule, budget and quality.
- Principal Role: Prepare project feasibility studies, cost-benefit analysis and proposals and obtain required approvals from appropriate IT management and project sponsors
- Establish project plans, resources, budgets and time-frames, and assign tasks
- Identify, track and communicate project progress, milestones, deliverables changes and dependencies within the schedule, costs, issues and risks
- Manage team’s performance of project tasks, provide technical advice and guidance, schedule assignments and training for development, prepare performance appraisals
- Coordinate project activities across multiple development, product management, user experience and QA teams in a matrix organization
- Secure acceptance and approval of deliverables or revisions to the project from the project sponsor and stakeholders
- Manage vendor relationship and deliverables
- Evaluate and recommend purchases of software packages, hardware and service vendors where appropriate
- Ensure work deliverables are in compliance with bank policies and regulatory requirements.
- Plan for and oversee preparation of documentation of each project phase (business requirements, functional specification, project plan, test strategy, test plan, etc), training and support in new/modified applications
- Experience managing Finance/Legal/Regulatory Compliance transformation projects including but not limited to Regulatory Reporting automation, FATCA/CRS, MIS Reporting, AML/KYC and Basel Reporting
- Understanding of technical aspects of system integration in a mix technology environment
- 8+ years in project management in IT in financial institutions delivering projects exceeding S$ 1 mil preferably in a regional or group environment
- Self starting with excellent leadership and team building skills
- Ability to resolve complex problems creatively
- Ability to step into the details when needed to resolve impediments yet has full visibility of end-to-end view of project
- Ability to run multiple projects concurrently, working closely with cross-functional team members for delivery, usually under pressure of regulatory deadline
- Experience in managing senior stakeholders with prior experience in running project steercos
- Certification or formal training in project management (PMP) and/or agile methodology (CSM) is an advantage