You’ll be working for a reputable banking company who is looking for Business Analyst focusing on data analysis and financial reconciliations for Financial Regulatory Reporting. This is a 1 year extendable contract and to be based in Singapore.
Your new role
- The role of Business Analyst will be to work in the Reconciliations team to enhance and develop robust financial reconciliations for Financial Regulatory Reporting.
- Understanding of regulatory exposure calculations and reconciliations to general ledger/golden source.
- Understanding of entries in the finance system versus the subsystems and their impact on the reconciliation processes.
- Ability to analyse differences, perform investigations and summarise results for reconciling items.
- Ability to capture business requirements for rapid tool design and work alongside developers in order to ensure business requirements are understood.
- Understanding of Agile project methodology.
- Ensure processes and procedures are documented in line with BCBS 239.
- Understand governance requirements for the analysis and development of tactical tools.
- The person will need to analyse and manage big amount of data including GL, numbers from the regulatory systems, good understanding of data and regulatory reporting is required to interpret the reports.
- SQL is required to pull reports to do analysis.
- The person will be working closely with the manager on a daily basis to discuss all about process enhancement and able to come out with a blanket process for all different countries globally that they can just replicate the process easily.
What you'll need to succeed
- Looking for 4-6 years of experience as Data Analyst in financial background (non tech).
- Minimum 4 - 6 years business analysis experience, preferably in Regulatory Capital or Leverage projects.
- Good understanding of data and regulatory reporting is required to interpret the reports.
- Experienced with balance sheet management, data analysis, basic regulatory calculation, reconciliation knowledge.
- Hands-on experience with SQL and Python.
- We don’t mind training the person as well if the person never worked in the bank.
- Experience in the calculation of regulatory capital exposures.
- Experienced in regulatory reporting software/SQL and/or SAP financial reporting software.
- Understanding of financial regulatory reconciliation processes and requirements.
- Experienced in business requirement documentation and user acceptance testing methodology.
- This role is only open to PR and Singaporean applicants.
What you'll get in return
The company does provide attractive remuneration for their employees. Besides that, you will have the opportunity to be part of a well-known banking company.