Salesforce Senior Developer
As one of Salesforce's global strategic partners (https://www.cognizant.com/partners/salesforce), the Cognizant Salesforce practice consists of over 6,500 consultants globally, with a presence in 36 different countries. We have a wealth of expertise and partner with our clients to provide innovation, digital transformation and delivery services in all market segments Our practice have won numerous Industry awards.
It is this innovative and supportive working environment that will help your daily challenges be enjoyable and rewarding. We at Cognizant are passionate in our commitment to helping all employees reach their fullest professional potential while at the same time achieving their personal goals. We pride ourselves in sponsoring the ongoing training and development of our consultants across the Salesforce eco-system. You will have the opportunity to be coached by supportive passionate leaders and colleagues who are driven to pass their wealth of industry, technical and functional expertise on to you. You will also have the opportunity to benefit from the wide range of industry accelerators, AppExchange products and huge repository of knowledge documents and components built by Cognizant over a long period. JOB DESCRIPTION:
Cognizant's Salesforce.com Senior Developers
are responsible for building and delivering world-class solutions for our customers on Salesforce.com as part of a successful and fast growing network of technology delivery experts. In this role you will demonstrate your deep expertise using Salesforce.com to maximise value and minimise technical debt during the delivery of tailored solutions using minimal coding.
As a Senior Developer, you will lead small to medium sized projects and will work with Technical Architects and Functional Leads on large projects (you will also lead and mentor junior developers). You will be responsible for managing code quality for you and your team and adherence to coding standards. Furthermore, it will be your responsibility to coach the team, design solutions, build work packages and deliverables while meeting the overall timeline. This job role requires hands on experience with Salesforce.com (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Communities, etc.) using Lightning Components. Experience in integration of Salesforce with other enterprise systems is essential.
As a suitable candidate, you will have to understand both Agile (SCRUM) and Waterfall delivery models and understand the importance of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and SFDC development best practices.
You will also be expected to communicate clearly and confidently and to work effectively both as a member of your flexible and dynamic delivery team and also in a team lead role. Responsibilities:
- Solution design to meet business requirements (author design artefacts)
- Adherence to coding standards for all deliveries
- Work with technical team members representing core applications to design seamless integration between all the involved applications.
- Building custom solutions using Salesforce.com configuration and customization.
- Involved from start of the project all the way through the deployment and will actively participate in requirement discussion, design, development, validation/testing and deployment of the project.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to other team members.
- Coding in APEX, Visualforce, formulae and complimentary scripting tools such as ANT
- Working as part of both Waterfall and Agile delivery teams
- SDLC deployment management
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I certification
- ADM201 (Admin) certification
- Experience working in AGILE SCRUM methodology
- Several real-world Salesforce.com deliveries
- Experienced with code versioning and code branching strategy using GIT, SVN etc.
- SOA and batch integration experience
- Code version control experience (GIT,SVN, other)
- Proven solution engineering and real-world delivery experience
- Clear & confident technical communication skills
- ADM211 (Adv. Admin) Certification
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II certification
- Sales Cloud / Service Cloud Certification
- Project experience with Salesforce Lightning
- Agile/SCRUM certification
- Continuous Integrated Testing experience (Jenkins or similar)