Junior Payroll Specialist
- Oslo, Norway
- Permanent, Full time
- TMF Group
- 20 Apr 19
Junior Payroll Specialist
About TMF Group
TMF Group helps its clients operate internationally and 'belong' wherever they are in the world. We do this by making sure they are properly set up to do business in any country and compliant with local and international regulations. In today's environment, increasing business complexity means that a one size approach doesn't fit all - and the penalties for getting it wrong are getting heavier. Operating in over 80 jurisdictions we provide our 15,000 clients with on-the-ground compliance and administration services so they can venture further.
We keep things running seamlessly, giving them the peace of mind to focus on the bigger picture. Our people localize the global world to help businesses succeed, which in turn helps communities to prosper. We firmly believe that the only way to be truly 'global' is to put local first, which is what our team of 7,000 in-country experts do for businesses of all sizes, every day.
The responsibility for our Junior Payroll Specialist is to collect and review documentation to a portfolio of assigned clients. You will work as part of a payroll team to ensure delivery of outsourced payroll services. The role reports to Head of HR & Payroll and will be a part of a team with a 6 payroll specialist.
• Ensure the collection of the payroll processing documents and other input Accounting and Tax information in due time
• Check the input payroll input data documents for compliance with the local regulations and the contracts
• Filing documents in accordance with the established filing system and maintain client's files complete and in a good order
• Accurate processing of all payroll documents and travel expenses, and other information into the payroll system, and prepare payroll calculations if requested by senior staff
• Assistance in the preparation of reports required by the client, in accordance with the requirements
• Review and check the accuracy of entered input data, including other ad hoc tasks
• Perform 4 eyes principles on client data when requested
• Maintains strict confidentiality of payroll data according to ISO and ISAE standards
As a junior you will work closely with colleagues and perform a variety of tasks under close supervision. We believe our team and company can provide good career opportunities for the right candidate.
To succeed we think you have finished some formal education within accounting and payroll. If you have relevant experience that would be an advantage - however, we are looking forward to train you to one day become a specialist!
We believe you also have:
• Knowledge of Norwegian payroll principles and regulations
• Good communication skills through written or verbal communication both in Norwegian and English
• Great IT knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software and with Excel in particular. Experience from Huldt & Lillevik and/ or Xledger is a distinct advantage
Working at TMF group offers
Learning opportunities: you will work with highly experienced colleagues who are ready to share their knowledge, and will receive the opportunity to work on diverse and complex client requests. You will also be able to apply for and be supported for training.
Value-driven work environment: you can expect integrity and respect from all your colleagues and your leadership team.
Teamwork: an environment where we learn from our mistakes and work together to improve our processes continuously. A no-blame culture where teamwork is important, valued and lived daily.
Ambition: we are a growing company in which we constantly look for the next opportunity and where all ideas are welcome.