Business Compliance Officer
- Oslo, Norway
- Permanent, Part time
- TMF Group
- 20 Apr 19
Business Compliance Officer
About TMF Group
We help global companies expand and invest seamlessly across international borders, giving them the peace of mind to focus on the bigger picture.
Our experts localize the global world to help businesses succeed, which in turn helps communities to prosper. We firmly believe that the only way to be truly global is to put local first, which is what our team of 8,000 in-country experts do for businesses of all sizes, every day.
With operations in more than 100 countries providing outsourced compliance services, TMF Group is the global expert that understands local needs
As the Business Compliance Officer, you will be responsible for implementing and administering all aspects of TMF's Compliance program within the legal and accounting teams, which includes extensive Know-Your-Client procedures.
Business Compliance Officer plans, organizes and controls TMF's day-to-day administrative and operational compliance activities. You are the first point of contact for the local client service teams, as well as for the global Compliance department of TMF Group.
You will be part of a dedicated client facing business team which assist clients with mainly legal and corporate matters. Senior colleagues will involve you in client servicing projects. As a junior in a diverse team there is a great amount of opportunities to learn and grasp challenges of your own interest.
Please note: This is a 1 year temporary assignment due to a maternity leave.
- Monitoring and completing Know-your-Client procedures for all clients
- Monitor on-going compliance matters and act as the linking pin towards the global TMF Group compliance department
- Monthly compliance reporting as part of group reporting standards
- Support your direct team in a broad range of legal and corporate matters.
These matters vary from incorporating new companies; drafting resolutions and agreements; assisting with financial audits; tax registrations; mergers and acquisitions; liquidations to filing corporate changes; financial reports and shareholders' registrations.
- You will be responsible for correspondence (both e-mails and post), hence the first point of contact for clients. This means daily communication with clients and may include translation of documents and follow up on correspondence.
- Understands and applies control and risk and governance frameworks consistently
- Acts with integrity and considers those around
- Strives for high standards of client delivery in a timely matter
- Hands-on mentality; independent and excellent planning skills
- Strong communication skills; fluent in both English and Norwegian
- Commercial awareness and result oriented
- Bachelor's degree in Law (LL.B); Business Administration or other studies covering business compliance
- Relevant working experience at a financial institution; accounting or law firm is considered as an advantage
Working at TMF Group offers
- Excellent working conditions: good work-life balance
- Learning opportunities: you will work with highly experienced colleagues who are ready to share their knowledge and will receive the opportunity to work on diverse and complex client requests. You will also be able to apply for and be supported for training
- Value-driven work environment: you can expect integrity and respect from all your colleagues and your leadership team.
- Teamwork: an environment where we learn from our mistakes and work together to improve our processes continuously. A no-blame culture where teamwork is important, valued and lived daily
- Ambition: we are a growing company in which we constantly look for the next opportunity and where all ideas are welcome.
Should you have any questions about the role, please contact our HR Manager in Norway Annette Faller Kvarud at: email@example.com