About the Role
We are looking for an experienced software developer (Java) who excels at creating an exceptional user experience to join us.
Based in KL, you will be working alongside a dynamic team who are fully responsible for end to end devlivery - from customer engagement to operations. As a driving force of tecnological change, we operate in a true agile way. You will have a unique opportunity to expand your reach in terms of knowledge, network and build your expertise through SWIFT's global platform.
We want the right people. If you've got what it takes we will have a role for your level of expertise. What to expect
What will make you successful? Professional skills & competencies
- You will design, develop, test, install and support programs/systems.
- You will support projects proposals on the basis of cost/benefit justification interfacing with stakeholders across functional and geographical lines.
- You will meet with customers to understand needs and requirements, and make recommendations on best practice systems solutions for small to medium size/complexity/risk projects.
- You will analyze detail systems factors: input/output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, alternative approaches, etc.
- You will v alidate alternative problem management proposals and make decisions on solutions.
- You will provide technical assistance to other SWIFT colleagues and assist in resolving problems reported by less senior team members.
- You will provide technical guidance to customers and act as mentor to less senior team members.
- You may give presentations to management and customers.
- You may prepare and complete systems documentation and operating procedures.
- You may lead design review meetings for small to medium size/complexity/risk projects.
- You may coordinate and monitor the activities, such as schedules and costs, of a small project team.
- You may evaluate and recommend technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed systems solutions.
Technical skills & knowledge
- University degree in Computer Science or related disciplines/equivalent work experience.
- At least 6 years of professional software development and maintenance experience.
Knowledge & experience in the following areas will be an advantage:
- Proficiency in Java programming language and object oriented design skills.
- Knowledge of Unix and Linux operating system, Git source code management, storage environments, filesystems and network protocols.
Competency Profile 1) Takes Accountable for Delivering Results
- Knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of SQL server
- Understanding of DevOps skill
Decides on and pursues the best course of action to deliver results following in-depth analyses of relevant issues and conflicting factors and after assessing foreseeable risks; follows through to ensure delivery and closure or escalates as needed. 2) Demonstrates Operational Excellence
Sets clear standards for quality of work; adheres to / encourages a continuous improvement mindset; implements procedures, standards and policies to ensure operational success in terms of security, availability, reliability and customer satisfaction. 3) Expands Knowledge
Continually extends specialist knowledge as a means of anticipating and preparing for changes in the business; uses a variety of methods and opportunities to learn and to exchange knowledge; encourages and facilitates development of others. 4) Business Understanding and Commercial Sense
Applies understanding of how own division adds value to the business; uses knowledge of financial and business principles to deliver cost-effective solutions; adapts quickly to changes in the market, the industry and the organization while upholding standards. 5) Builds and Reinforces Customer Relationships
Strengthens relationships by taking every opportunity to listen and respond to customers and adapt solutions to meet their needs; demonstrates and encourages customer focus in all relationships and activities. 6) Leads with a team focus
Encourages effective team working within and across the department; respects diversity and recognizes contributions from colleagues; coaches and leverages others to achieve goals; leads by example and through constant demonstration of SWIFT values. 7) Communicates effectively
Communicates effectively across a wide range of practical or theoretical issues ; modifies communication style to optimize understanding by others; clarifies applicable goals, objectives and business situations; acknowledges and respects other views. What we offer
[click here] SWIFT - Make your impact
[ click here ]
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below :
Patrick Wuyts - Head of Technology Management
Mohamad Shamsulbahri - Hiring Manager
Qi Ying - Team Member