Senior Integration Test Engineer
About the Role
The NI Controller Delivery team is looking for a Senior Integration Test Engineer to perform the various testing activities of its product portfolio.
As a Senior Integration Test Engineer, you will be part of a dynamic software development team environment where your testing skills will be crucial to the delivery of mission critical financial software to the global financial industry following structured development approaches such as waterfall or Agile methodologies.
Under the guidance of a local development manager and working in close collaboration with a European based development team, you will undertake Integration Testing activities of medium to high complexity related to software components. A mix of white box and black box test approach will be used on an ad-hoc basis. You will also be required to do development work related to software testing frameworks. Given the mission critical nature of our business, strong emphasis is placed on quality, security, availability, resiliency, scalability, performance, and system resources consumption. It is expected that suitable candidates adhere to a structured testing environment and will actively contribute to delivering software to the quality expectations of our customers.
The output of the development team is a product that is delivered to the qualification team for final acceptance before being made generally available to customers for integration into their financial operational environments. Responsabilities
- Develop and maintain test specifications, test cases, sets of regression tests, in an accurate and timely manner
- Perform whitebox testing. (must be able to develop detailed understanding of the product in every aspect, and write test cases that interact with the product through exposed API or other integration points that are available.)
- Code (writing and automating tests) and maintain software testing frameworks
- Propose and create procedures that help to find existing errors in the product and execute test cases as well as regression tests to ensure minimal discrepancy between specified and implemented functions
- Review functional requirements specification and design documents to ensure testability and become acquainted with products
- Write and execute test cases of medium to high complexity. Analyze and log test results
- Contribute to testing process improvement efforts, focusing on test automation tools. Collect evidences of the test execution and participate to the acceptance test report
- Problem solving - if there are some problems/bugs encountered, the candidate should be able to provide some initial feedback on what could went wrong. The candidate should see him/herself contributing to deliver the component, rather than a separate function that is just qualifying the product.
• University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 6 years and above of experience within a development or testing environment
Essential Technical Skills / Knowledge
• Knowledge of testing methodology / risk management
• Experience in unit, integration, end to end and regression testing
• Exposure to various OS platforms: Linux (Red Hat), Windows, UNIX (Oracle Solaris, AIX, HPUX)
• Solid development skills in Java
• Unix Commands
Other Technical Skills / Knowledge (knowledge of the following domains is an asset; training program will be provided to complement the candidate expertise when needed)
• Object Oriented programming techniques
• Experience with continuous integration technologies (e.g. Jenkins)
• Experience with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker) is a plus
• Testing methodology certification
• Knowledge of Selenium and applying it to test case automation
• Knowledge of Scrum testing methodology
• Experience with Quality Center or other Test Management Tools
• Strong collaboration skill and agile mindset
• Adaptability and responsiveness to change
• Take accountability for delivering results
• Good knowledge of English in speaking, reading and writing.
• Team player mindset
• Planning and organizing
• Quality orientation
• Open communication What we offer
We offer the opportunities to work with latest technologies, tools and Agile practises Company & department description
SWIFT does not stand still. We are constantly evolving and tirelessly innovating. Working at the intersection of finance and technology is a very exciting place to be right now.
SWIFT is transforming cross-border payments, making them faster and more transparent than ever before. We are the way the world moves value - every instant of every day, in almost every country.
We are proud that what we do has a critical impact on the global financial community and touches almost every aspect of the financial world. So, what you do at SWIFT has real impact too - an impact that matters every day. Which is why you matter to us.
Joining SWIFT gives you unparalleled exposure to knowledge, expertise and technologies. If you have what it takes, you'll be able to take on different career paths and have the opportunity to work in teams, departments and disciplines in countries around the world.
SWIFT is unique. There is no other organisation like ours in the world driving the long-term future of the financial ecosystem. You'll be surrounded by bright, customer-focused and intellectually curious people in a collaborative, friendly, open and inclusive environment.
At SWIFT we are trusted every instant. Everything we do has an impact that matters. And as a member of our team, you are trusted to make your impact every day.