Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world's leading Tax Free Shopping ('TFS'), Dynamic Currency Conversion ('DCC'), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets. Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and Mastercard processing.
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.
The successful candidate for this role will be a key member of our HQ finance team, based in Galway. They will be responsible for the preparation management accounts, financial statements & financial reports for a number of group companies. It is a unique opportunity to join the HQ finance team of a worldwide, innovative company and a company who are an industry pioneer.
KEY RESULT AREAS
· Preparation of monthly accounts for specific companies (within the Planet Group) in line with month end reporting deadlines.
· Processing of invoices (incoming and outgoing) which involves ensuring correct approvals are obtained for all expenditure and payments and that invoices and VAT elements are recorded correctly in the accounts.
· Debtors and Creditors control reconciliations to include monitoring of month end ledgers, settlement and allocation of creditor and debtor payments and monitoring of aged listings.
· Completion of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations to agreed deadlines.
· Maintaining the Fixed Asset Register through careful tracking of assets purchased and accurate calculation of depreciation.
· Responsible for accounting for all bank activity and performing monthly bank reconciliations.
· Engagement with auditors and tax advisors when required.
· Assist senior members of the finance team with ad hoc finance projects and ensure deadlines are adhered to.
· Cooperate with other departments (e.g. Admin and Sales) to ensure the processes are aligned.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
· Part Qualified accountant with minimum 3 years accounting experience.
· Proficient computer skills; experience with Sage X3 an advantage
· Ability to resolve issues and propose solutions to issues that arise on a day-to-day basis.
· Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work with accounting and finance management in a team environment.