Telecommunication Field Design Engineer
The Field Design Engineering team is looking for a motivated, highly technical Field Design Engineer with experience in mobile communication systems, NFC technology and mobile payment systems. Successful candidate will be involved in evaluating the wireless products in both field and the Lab. Role Responsibilities:
Field Design Engineer will be involved in evaluating the wireless products in both field and the Lab. This includes very early evaluations of the Prototypes and HW Systems on different wireless technologies, including performance metrics creation/evolution, post processing and analysis of trace log from the field. It also includes running focused experiments in relationship to RF/OTA performance, acoustics, thermals, GPS validation etc. The successful candidate will be working with several cross-functional teams and perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and identify root cause of any HW/SW System issues. Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or similar as a minimum.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
- Solid understanding with practical experience in wireless technologies (UMTS/LTE/5G) and NFC
- Live network test experience with the ability to identify specific test scenarios
- Knowledge of NFC standards (NFC Forum, Felica, EMVco), Secure Element and Mobile Payment systems
- In depth knowledge & expertise in system test plan creation and execution for a ny given wireless technology.
- Experience with test equipment such as Oscilloscope, Spectrum analyzer, Signal generator, etc is a plus
- Scripting experience (shell/python/perl/matlab)
- Professional communication skills tailored to situation and audience
- Good interpersonal and proven written/verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and should be proactive
- Fluent in English
- Strong problem identification and issue resolution abilities
- Good analytical skills and judgement to provide highly creative solutions.