Senior C++ Algo Developer, Vice President
We are looking for a smart, innovative, results-oriented Vice President to join our global development team as a C++ Developer
for our Algo Trading Services technology team.. ATS is responsible for building and deploying electronic trading strategies for multiple asset classes globally (including benchmark execution, liquidity seeking, and crossing). The team builds and maintains the models which drive the equity trading engines at Morgan Stanley and our systems are used globally by both internal trading groups and clients of the firm. We utilize systematic, evidence based approaches to understand how the markets work and put those ideas in action. The team spans the disciplines of finance, econometrics, statistics, mathematics, computer science and data analysis, with many team members are versed in multiple areas. Responsibilities:
- The role involves technical requirement analysis, design, hands-on development in C++ in a distributed architecture environment.
- Supporting enterprise project management and collaborate with the team to build and devlop leading software.
- Connect with colleagues around the globe and be part of a wide, far reaching team. Knowledge of the financial industry or algorithmic trading experience is not required
About us: Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. Qualifications: Skills Required:
- proven experience developing systems.
- Good C/C++ skills
- Solid software engineering principles (data structures & algorithms, SOLID, OO, design patterns, multithreading, networking)
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Working knowledge of a scripting language; Python and/or Perl preferred
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix
- Working database knowledge (SQL, Stored Procs)
- Experience designing and developing large scale distributed client/server systems a bonus
- Front Office (Sales & Trading) development experience
- Knowledge of FIX protocol related to order management
- Experience in formal software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience in test driven development
- Experience with Git
- Project management abilities