- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- LMA Recruitment
- 07 Feb 19
COMPLIANCE OFFICER OF GLOBAL MARKETS AND ALMT COMPLIANCE, APAC
Support the Compliance Head for APAC and the Head of Compliance for Hong Kong on regulatory related issues and incidents in Hong Kong. Support North Asia Regional GM and ALMT Compliance Head to discharge compliance advisory services in GM and ALM Treasury businesses In respect of the team’s regional brief, the incumbent shall provide advisory services to North Asia Region, and with Hong Kong as the main hub, in liaison with the dedicated GM Compliance Officers and/or the Country Compliance Officers; and ensure consistency of approach and provide the necessary technical support to officers in the re
In respect of the team’s regional brief, the incumbent shall provide advisory services to North Asia Region, and with Hong Kong as the main hub, in liaison with the dedicated GM Compliance Officers and/or the Country Compliance Officers; and ensure consistency of approach and provide the necessary technical support to officers in the region with these objectives in mind.
Specifically, as an advisor in both the GM Compliance HK and GM (FXLM, Rates, Credit/ALMT) Compliance APAC team, he/she will:
for the local team:
• Monitor the changes and development on relevant local new laws, rules and regulations
• Liaise with local regulators and handles regulatory inquiries, audits, inspections, questionnaires and surveys
• Handle local compliance issues, incident, and breaches in conjunction with various internal parties, where necessary, and prepare various MIS and incident reports
• Prepare and update local compliance policies and procedures
• Participate in various local compliance governance meetings and compliance projects in relation to Global Markets Compliance
for the regional team:
• Review new business and product proposals or transactions; and approve in accordance with delegated authority
• Respond promptly to enquires on compliance related maters
• Assist in the management of compliance programme, such as review of marketing materials, conflicts identification and mitigations, follow through of trade surveillance alerts
• Periodic review, update and introduction of Compliance policy and procedures to ensure continuing relevance; and providing guidance, interpretation and direction to business stakeholders.
• Assist business stakeholders and various compliance teams to keep abreast of regulatory developments and in the interpretation of regulatory changes and their likely impact on the business and its processes, procedures, controls and products (gap analysis)
• Assist in the design and establishment of monitoring and control systems, and 2LOD controls in place operate effectively so that compliance related issues are readily identified and remedial actions implemented in order to minimize risk, and taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness
• Assist in the production of periodic MIS and KPIs as directed
• Assist in the organization, administration and provision of compliance training for new employees and as well as on-going training for all employees
• Ad hoc requests such as participation in specific projects, as directed from time to time by the Head of GM Compliance APAC and/or Head of Compliance for Hong Kong
This role enables the candidate to join an established team enjoying strong relationships with business areas and support functions, and work in an experienced and professional environment to maintain a strong compliance culture within Global Markets Compliance in Hong Kong. Specifically, this candidate will be based on the trading floor in Hong Kong. The candidate would report to the Head of Equities Compliance, APAC, Global Markets.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
The incumbent will have knowledge in most if not all of the following asset classes:
OTC derivatives in Interest Rates Credit, Foreign Currency, Structured deposits
Structured investment products
Subject specialism would also be useful, e.g. primary market activities, wall crossing, conflicts management, KYC and characterization requirements, suitability and client interest protection, sale of investment products, etc.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Willing to learn, tenacious, hardworking and enthusiastic. The candidate must possess good communication and social skills to be a team player and work with all levels. Independent minded, with good command of written and spoken English. Sound knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Specific Qualifications Required
Education: Undergraduate Degree
Experience: A minimum of 5 or more years of experience in the compliance department of a financial institution, with knowledge of fixed income products and/or capital market activities such as FI DCM or Syndicate. Possess an excellent knowledge of HKMA/SFC rules and regulations, and their practical applications.
The candidate should be a senior professional with regulatory and related industry experience. This will entail sufficient experience and a good understanding of the regulatory environment and the key challenges and developments which the business as well as the wider industry faces.
: HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
: Standard / Permanent
Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
Experience Level: At least 5 years
EA REG: R1102810
EA LICENCE NO: 11C4684
COMPANY REG NO: 201131609D