MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. Core Engineering provides global thought leadership, solution development, delivery and support for a broad suite of technology products and services at Goldman Sachs. It leverages global expertise to develop leading-edge technology solutions that meet business demands and differentiate the firm's technology offerings in the marketplace. Core Engineering enables the operation of the firm by managing an extensive compute platform and global communication networks, while addressing technology, compliance and reputational risk and resilience. China Goldman Sachs business is headquartered in Beijing with significant presence in Shanghai and Shenzhen. Core Engineering has staff in Beijing and Shanghai and provide technical support across all business in China leveraging our global team as required. This role reports locally into China Core Engineering and regionally into product managers. Role The candidate should have a background in database administration and able to handle task independently or with minimum supervision. Able to work with development groups to provide wide range of database services such as query tuning and optimization, troubleshooting database issues, performance tuning to meet application needs. Coordination with global teams to ensure policies, procedures and projects are in line with global strategy and able to formulate new policies and procedures. Participate in POC and developing various engineering solution. Also willing to participate in weekend on-call to support the regional database environment. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Installation, configuration, upgrade and maintenance of DBMS environment.
• Provide production support and work on building the database infrastructure.
• Manage various OS and database specific upgrades on Linux/Windows environment.
• Work with Application teams to provide suitable database platforms for business needs and guidance and consultancy for optimization and performance tuning. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 6+ years of DBA experience
• Database Administration experience in multiple database products involving minimum 2 from SAP Sybase/Oracle/MSSQL.
• Experience in MongoDB is an added plus.
• Excellent communication skills (Chinese/English) to partner with app developers (including the confidence & ability to influence and promote database solutions)
• Excellent analytical skills in understanding issues and devising specific database solutions for global applications Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelors Engineering degree in Computer Science ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.