Manager/Senior Manager - GDPR and Data Privacy
- Project Management in GDPR compliance;
- Support firms to manage the significant changes in GDPR and Data Privacy regulation;
- Provide clients with privacy compliance guidance specific to their Business;
- Monitoring the evolution in GDPR and data privacy law to ensure ongoing compliance to implement it into practice;
- Monitoring and recording personal data breaches, as well as data breaches management;
- Provide assistance in relation to the performance of data protection impact assessments (DPIAs);
- Establish and update the Record of Processing activities;
- Be the key contact in the company to answer day-to-day data privacy questions to ensure data protection on a daily basis;
- Update/review data protection related policies, data processing agreements, etc.
- Rolling out of policies, procedures and trainings; and
- Launching of awareness campaigns/trainings.
- Sector focus - We work with the financial services industry; including investment and commercial banks, asset and wealth managers, custodians, insurers, and pension funds. We welcome candidates with direct knowledge of these sectors; particularly those who have worked Compliance Monitoring or have an Assurance background, but also consider applicants from other backgrounds.
- Thought leadership - We continuously challenge our consultants to contribute to industry debates and provide thought provoking commentary on industry issues through white papers, business breakfasts and other events. And expect and Eagerness to learn and to grow and a high degree of intellectual curiosity.
- Innovation and pragmatism - We encourage our consultants to always look for improvements and put forward their suggestions.
- Project delivery - Our consultants need to be able to analyse complex business issues and to manage projects and stakeholders in challenging client environments. We look for candidates with proven skills in these area, excellent time management and communication skills, and an open and persuasive personality.
- Entrepreneurship - We expect the whole team to contribute proactively to our new business development by analysing industry trends, developing new propositions and taking them to market. Consultants prepared to take ownership of their career and personal development will be given the opportunity to shine and our rewards reflect this.
- Demonstrable ties with EU - We are looking for candidates with Fluency in French/Dutch and English, who have demonstrable ties with EU (in possession of an EU passport or visa and EU work experience) and are prepared to travel for our clients, primarily within the Benelux, France, Germany & the UK.
- Expertise in Data Privacy and GDPR (as Compliance Officer or Compliance Assistant or Compliance Consultant). We expect candidates to have a degree in Law and to be familiar with the basic concepts and key regulatory changes and to increase their expertise as they develop with us.
- Experience of minimum 6 years as consultant for Financial/Banking Sector.
- Interests and experiences in other compliance topics (MiFID II, AML, Market abuse, Cybersecurity, PSD2)
- Flexible in terms of changing environment
- Ability to work on autonomous way
- Innovative and proactive approach
- Entrepreneurship mind-set
- Creative and innovative
- Great communication skills and ability to engage efficiently with the customer's stakeholders
- Eager to be involved in business development initiatives
- Fluent in French, English and/or Dutch
About Avantage Reply
Avantage Reply (a member of Reply) is a pan-european specialised management consultancy delivering change initiatives in the areas of Risk, Finance, Compliance, Treasury and Operations.
Our difference takes the form of a specific subject-matter focus, which is also supported by our excellent reputation for delivering solutions to our clients' most challenging issues.
Our local offices work closely with our other European offices, meaning we have both a local and global approach to doing business.