Audit Supervisor, Wholesale Banking ING Belgium Open-ended contract , Full Time, Brussels Your work environment & role
As Audit Supervisor with Corporate Audit Services (CAS) Wholesale Banking ING Belgium, you will be working together with a broad range of Senior and Line Business Management stakeholders, across a bank in full transformation. At ING, expect to discover a new way of banking in an international, agile environment.
In this role, you will have the responsibility, together with your colleagues, to perform, coordinate and report on internal audits, evaluating the risks & controls on a variety of end-to-end processes for large corporates, mid-corporates and SME. These include sectors, tailor-made and specialised lending, corporate finance, cash management, receivables finance, trade finance services, clients, leasing, commercial finance, including the related IT applications as well as the risk, compliance, business conduct & behavioural aspects.
CAS Wholesale Banking ING Belgium is part of the global CAS organisation, with 400+ staff members around the world and the role to provide independent assurance on the design and effectiveness of ING's internal controls. Being part of CAS means working in a higly dynamic & international environment. To this end, we aim to work with the best people, whom we support to remain leading in their area of expertise and develop. Your key responsibilities
The followings represent a strong plus...
- Thorough understanding of the businesses & end-to-end processes audited, inherent risks, underlying regulatory requirements and ING-expected control frameworks;
- Perform / Lead internal audits on end-to-end processes across several 1 st & 2 nd line functions in ING Belgium; Participate in audits in other ING units (e.g. Geneva, Amsterdam; around 6 weeks per year);
- Evaluate the inherent risks & expected mitigating controls, through audit testing and data analythics;
- Systematically document the audit planning, the testing carried out and its conclusions;
- Draw up the reporting of and communicating to Senior Management the internal audit results;
- Prepare, discuss, agree and follow-up on the required mitigating actions;
- When leading audits, supervise the work performed by the team members and coach them;
- Maintain close contact with various senior stakeholders in the bank;
- Stay well informed on the business and risk developments, internally and externally;
- Stay up-to-date with the trends and techniques in the internal auditing profession.
What do you bring to the Team
- Minimum 8 years of relevant banking / internal or external auditing experience, in a position that provided you with a sound understanding of the banking environment, including capacity of identifying and evaluation key inherent risk and mitigating controls; Master degree or equivalent;
- An independent mindset and professional scepticism. Ability to challenge the existing patterns, to speak up and sustain your point of view in an argumented and assertive manner;
- Solution-oriented, ability to advice on workable actions to mitigate risks in a sustainable manner;
- Strong organisational and follow-up skills, including handling competing priorities;
- Attention for details and able to grasp the big picture;
- Ability to make complex analyses & syntethise key messages in verbal and written communication;
- Good command of French and / or Dutch language. Proficiency in speaking & writing in English language.
We redefine banking. What about you?
- Holding an international audit / risk qualification, or openness & capacity to get it (e.g. CIA, ACCA, FRM);
- Hand's on exterience with applying data analythics, processing & analysing (larger amounts of) data.
We offer you
- A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits;
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions;
- A dynamic & international environment, with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours;
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention.
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!