SENIOR ASSOCIATE PROJECT MANAGER (53627)
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 16 Aug 17
SENIOR ASSOCIATE PROJECT MANAGER (53627)
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Life Product Program Management Office (PMO) is seeking to hire a Senior Associate, Project Manager with Agile experience. As a member of the Life Product Program Management Office (PMO), the Senior Associate Project Manager will play a key role in supporting the Life Product Development process from inception to market delivery for projects within the Life Product portfolio.
The position reports into the Life Product PMO Team Lead and is based in the New York City corporate headquarters.
- Responsible for providing project management facilitation by partnering with Life Product cross-functional core teams to ensure all deliverables are produced on time and with quality results.
- Responsible for partnering with the Team on the delivery of multiple strategic initiatives using SDLC (Waterfall) and Agile/Lean methodologies.
- Assist with the implementation of PMO capabilities in PMU by facilitating the use of standard project management tools and processes.
- Development of the integrated master project plan including all interdependencies and overseeing the day-to-day activities for proper project tracking and reporting of all deliverables.
- Manages and collaborates with the project core teams and key stakeholders in detecting and documenting possible risks and issues; all changes to scope and/or schedule; mitigates/escalates as needed to resolve and achieve commitments from all key stakeholders.
- Ensures project status is proactively communicated to all key stakeholders via daily stand-ups, project meeting minutes and weekly project status reports that reflect the status of assigned projects and ensures project information is regularly shared, reviewed and discussed with all project core team members and key stakeholders.
- Support and manage any ad hoc project requests, as required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Project Management within the Insurance/Finance Industry preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Project Management professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification or a complementary Agile/Lean certification preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills, independent thinking and ability to exercise prudent judgment.
- Knowledge of Agile tools such as JIRA, TFS or Rally preferred.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.