Junior C++ Developer
- Greenwich, CT, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 20 Aug 17
Junior C++ Developer
Interactive Brokers is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 100 market centers in 25 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 657,000 trades per day (First Quarter 2017 results). At Interactive Brokers, you will be part of a dynamic, multinational, fast paced, results oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Interactive Brokers is hiring a junior-level developer to fill a position which will require a dedicated, enthusiastic, proactive and quick learning individual, who can successfully operate as a part of a group of developers. The applicant should be distinctly focused on results and prepared for a dynamic environment. The successful candidate will be proficiency in C++ in a Linux environment.
A successful candidate will develop, maintain and support various proprietary applications and sub-systems, such as our Volatility Ticker System and our Dynamic Price Scanning System.
The junior developer is going to help maintain and enhance these systems in support of our risk management activities and the portfolio analytic tools we provide for our clients.
A particular focus will be the development of the back-end processes, both batch and server-side, providing analytic and quantitative analysis.
The position requires the following attributes:
- Undergraduate degree in a numerate subject (engineering, physics, or CS)
- Two (2) years experience with C++ in a commercial environment, including version control, change management, and automated bug tracking
- Coding skills including knowledge of the C++11 standard
- A focus on designing solutions for testability, maintainability, and run-time robustness
- Familiarity with at least one interpreted language (Python is preferred)
- Hands-on experience with foreign-function interfaces to C/C++
- Familiarity with distributed systems and server-side programming
- Knowledge of financial fundamentals
- Skill in shell scripting in a Linux/Unix environment
- Test/QA experience is desirable but not an absolute requirement.
- Willingness to work in an automated environment with attention to QA, test building, and continuous improvement is a requirement.