Macro Economist - Macro Hedge Fund
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Macro Hedge Fund
- 08 Aug 17
Leading macro Hedge Fund requires a Macro Economist to contribute to the buildout of the suite of macroeconomic models used internally to forecast macroeconomic variables. Reporting to the Head of Macro Research, the role will involve working alongside the wider research team in London and Washington DC and the firm’s risk takers.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Contributing to research projects on the global economy, ranging from short-term economic developments to more long-term structural issues;
- Contributing to the team’s broader modelling buildout effort, by taking ownership of the APAC region; and
- Using advanced quantitative techniques to address macroeconomic questions.
Skills and experience
- A PhD in Macroeconomics with a preference for International open macroeconomics;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working for an international organisation consultancy firm, top academic research centre, central bank or buy side or sell side firm;
- Previous experience working on macroeconomic research projects involving the APAC region;
- A strong grasp of macroeconomic theory and applied econometrics, especially time series;
- Proficiency with Eviews and knowledge of Matlab; and
- Professional and research interests in macroeconomics, policy making and financial markets.
Closing date for applications: 31st August 2017