Equity Investment Analyst, Robotics Fund, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- RoboCap LLP
- 22 Aug 17
The RoboCap Fund is a London based pioneer in robotics and automation investment. Founded in 2015, it has successfully launched a listed equity fund focusing on companies which have a high degree of exposure to the underlying robotics and automation mega-trend. The investment universe includes companies involved in industrial robotics, drones, autonomous vehicles, general automation, surgical robots, 3D printing and artificial intelligence. The RoboCap UCITS Fund started in January 2016 and has had very strong performance and asset growth since inception.
With this success, the fund is looking to expand the team with one or potentially two additional full-time hires. The ideal candidate is passionate and knowledgeable about disruptive technologies and especially automation and robotics. The candidate should have a minimum 3 years of work experience in equity research in either public of private equity, with in-depth knowledge of fundamentally driven bottom-up analysis and stock picking. Applicants with knowledge of the IT/Tech, Industrials, Automotive or MedTech sectors will be particularly suited to the role. This position will give the analyst exposure to a wide range of companies in the theme from multiple sectors, geographies and market caps.
- Research and analysis of companies within the investment universe
- Organising and holding meetings with companies within the theme
- Assisting in sales and marketing presentations of the fund
- Attendance of industry conferences and seminars
- In addition to equity research there will be between 3 and 15 hours of operational and marketing related activities per week depending on the activity levels of the fund at the time
Qualifications and Key Skills
- Candidates who are business-level fluent in Japanese are strongly preferred and are highly encouraged to apply. Other relevant languages skills include Mandarin and Korean.
- Minimum 3 years of experience within an Equity Research from either a buy or sell side
- In-depth knowledge and demonstration of wide range of valuation methodologies – DCF, FCF Yield as well as multiple-based valuation – with proven experience of financial modelling and evaluating companies
- Hard working and motivated to run the extra mile
- An independent thinker able to come up with highly differentiated analysis and viewpoint
- Applicants with a CFA/MBA/ACA preferred
- The position is available immediately. The salary and compensation package are to be discussed and will depend on the profile of the candidate.
- To apply please submit your application to email@example.com
- For more information about the fund please go to www.robocapfund.com