- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Aug 17
Data Operations Associate
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Structured Analytics EMEA Desk is responsible for managing the critical processes that ensure the accuracy and timely delivery of vital financial data that is linked to our industry-standard credit risk measurement tools and related software applications. This role will facilitate that process, working with the client support, IT and development teams to ensure the timely and seamless delivery of data to clients. Additionally, the role is responsible for gathering and inputting financial data from clients into the company's credit risk measurement tools and software, as well as running the data processing and calculations that feed the company's credit risk measurement and management products.
- Gather and input financial data from clients in a timely manner into the credit risk measurement tools and related software applications.
- Run the data processing and calculations that feed the firm's credit risk measurement and management products.
- Identify, research and resolve issues involving financial data errors during data processing and calculations, and coordinate with other teams such as IT, support and development to resolve any data processing or client issues.
- Assist in analyzing data from potential data providers.
- Oversee offshore employees - assist in training and monitoring daily workload.
- Evaluate feedback from internal and external sources regarding process flaws and bottlenecks and recommend and implement new tools and process enhancements to consistently improve timeliness and data quality.
- Publish documentation designed to inform and assist clients and prospects in understanding the company's data offerings.
- Support client account data subscriptions.
- Assist with internal and external data partners on contractual, service and usage issues.
- Regularly report data and technical issues to data providers.
- Provide internal support to the company's staff regarding daily data processing and calculations.
- Provide constructive feedback and assistance to management, IT, support and application development teams on existing and new data processing systems and products.
- The candidate must be willing to work flexible hours including occasional evening and weekend coverage
The Structured Analytics & Valuations division of Moody's Analytics creates award winning software, comprehensive datasets and transparent models for the securitization market. Our platform is widely recognized for its unique abilities to support detailed analysis of the most sophisticated structured debt products. Our clients vary from regional banks to Tier I investment banks to hedge funds who structure, manage, and invest in the structured finance market. Our data content reflects past performance of transactions as well as models of the structural rules (waterfalls) governing them. Our analytic models allow customers to analyse the performance of these securities for pricing, trading, and risk management purposes. Our teams in South San Francisco, New York, London, and Tokyo support over 100 clients globally.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) a Management, Engineering, Data or problem solving emphasis. Preferred degrees are in Business Administration, Science, Engineering, Math, Economics, Computer Science, or related fields
- Exposure to finance, economics, or business preferred.
- Experience with information technology is a plus.
- Experience in working with large/complex data sets beneficial
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Exposure to SQL (Sybase, Microsoft SQL server, SAS) and Microsoft Access.
- Exposure to Java, C++ or Visual Basic is a plus.
- Superb analytical skills and persistence in problem solving.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience documenting standard operating procedures preferred.
- Familiarity with equity and fixed-income markets with the ability to correctly read and interpret financial statements preferred.
- Candidate must be willing to learn structured finance and have an interest in technology
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.