Fund Accountant 3
- Permanent, Full time
- SS&C Fund Services (Asia) Pte Ltd
- 27 Jul 17
The Fund Accountant is responsible for managing the accounting books of an assigned fund. Also ensuring that the balance sheet and profit and loss account are accurately reported on a timely basis within tight deadlines, and makes certain strong internal controls are maintained in accordance with financial policies.
- Daily Accounting
• Handle accounting for assigned moderate to complex funds, including review of daily price control checks, P&L reasonableness, inter system reconciliations, ensuring that reconciling items are investigated and resolved, or escalated in a timely manner.
• Ensure controls are in place and accounts are accurate on a daily basis, providing clear and accurate management information to support decision-making.
- Month End Tasks
• Fully reconcile the month end trial balance to independent support for the assigned moderate to complex funds.
• Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliation (“ME pack”) fully supported with source documentation.
• Provide insightful commentary for balance sheet and P&L movements.
• Ensure balance sheet is reported in accordance with relevant accounting standards, Investment Company Audit Guide and accounting policies as appropriate.
- Price Products
• Daily and monthly product pricing for assigned funds.
• Understanding the pricing methodology and valuation models for applicable products in sufficient detail to be able to ensure absolute accuracy.
- Other responsibilities
• Prepare yearend audit packs
• Answer ad hoc questions from various groups including auditors (internal and external), and the global peer group.
• Work with portfolio manager and traders for the assigned fund to improve knowledge of financial products and trading strategies.
• Work with team members in Operations, Investor Services function as necessary.
• University degree in finance/accounting or commensurate experience
• Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in the financial industry
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong dispute resolution and effective problem solving skills
• Proven team work skills; able to recognize where you can help the team complete all daily and monthly tasks.
• Demonstrated customer service and continuous improvement focus
• Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
• Audit/Control Minded
• Ability to work in changing, fast-paced work environment
• Experience with hedge fund and private equity accounting preferred
• Experience with Advent Geneva preferred