Infrastructure Solution Engineer
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 17 Aug 17
This role provides consultancy and advisory services to the business, systems development and technology production services for system integration, product evaluation, projects, new business engagements (i.e. acquisitions, integrations, new premises, major projects)
- Lead the design for new solutions requested by ISO customer.
- Provides consultancy and advisory services to the business, systems development and technology production services for system integration, product evaluation, projects, new business engagements (i.e. acquisitions, integrations, new premises, major projects)
- Acts as a “Relationship Manager” to an Applications and Solutions Delivery business line for all Infrastructure Solution Design requests.
- Delivers high quality infrastructure engineering solutions for the bank across all platform requirements.
- Value - add to various technology streams by timely and proper engagement and recommending appropriate solutions.
- Platform and system capacity & performance related risks are identified, communicated, escalated and acted upon.
- Established professional with 5 or more years working in the related technology infrastructure development life-cycles, testing, implementation, systems administration and support or engineering.
- Experience in design, engineering, capacity and performance monitoring and planning.
- Self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver technical projects from scratch.
- Sound problem analysis and resolution abilities.
- Ability to write technology proposals and business recommendations would be considered an advantage.
- Infra Project Management, added advantage if PMP certified.
- Significant working knowledge of:
- Operating Systems : Windows Server (including Active Directory and Exchange, Linix, Unix, AIX, Windows Desktop
- VMware, virtualization and remote computing technologies
- Server hardware: HP, Dell IBM, Blades,
- Terminal Servers & Citrix
- Application & Web Servers
- Voice and voice recording system
- Market Data system (Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg …)
- Good working knowledge of:
- Operating Systems : Solaris, AIX, Linux
- Database – understanding of MS SQL and Oracle RAC
- Data Centre: M&E, design and build
- Cloud Computing : AWS
- Big Data Infrastructure: Hadoop (preferably Hortonworks Data Platform)
- Experience in building high availability and resilient e-commerce & financial trading systems would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of Iow latency networking would be a distinct advantage
- Experience with terminal servers, Citrix, DNS, WINS