Investment Management Technical Specialist
- negotiable depending on experience
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Luxembourg) S.A
- 10 Aug 17
At Schroders, asset management is our only business and our goals are completely aligned with those of our clients - the creation of long-term value to assist them in meeting their future financial requirements. We manage £375.0 billion (€433.5 billion/US$487.1 billion)* on behalf of institutional and retail
At Schroders, asset management is our only business and our goals are completely aligned with those of our clients - the creation of long-term value to assist them in meeting their future financial requirements.
We manage £375.0 billion (€433.5 billion/US$487.1 billion)* on behalf of institutional and retail investors, financial institutions and high net worth clients from around the world, invested in a broad range of active strategies across equities, fixed income, multi-asset, alternatives and real estate.
We employ over 3,600 talented people worldwide operating from 37 offices in 27 different countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business.
*Source: Schroders, all data as at September 30th, 2016.
Further information about Schroders can be found at www.schroders.com or on Schroders Talking Point http://www.schroderstalkingpoint.com
The Investment Management and Change Management Team has different duties among which leading the investment management area within the organisation; overseeing the delegated function of investment management for Luxembourg domiciled funds. This includes, among others, performing due diligence on external investment managers but as well on internal investment managers and reporting results to senior management.
The Team reports directly to the Managing Director.
Overview of role
The candidate is responsible for the following tasks:
• Member of the Due Diligence team; Leading the investment manager initial and on-going Due Diligence process for both traditional and alternative investment managers (i.e. hedge funds, private equity funds, etc.)
• Leading the manager due diligence meetings, calls, onsite visits and prepare summary internal communication, as appropriate;
• Developing best-class model to enhance oversight on the delegated function of portfolio activities and reporting tools;
• Being the point of escalation and solving issues with regards to the investment management of the funds;
Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum 8 year-experience in the Funds Industry, preferably within an asset management company, including a minimum of 2 years of investment related experience;
• Knowledge of operational model with hedge funds managers will be an asset;
• Comprehensive knowledge of the Luxembourg Funds Industry framework;
• Sound knowledge of the Fund Management value chain;
• University background: A Master degree in economics, Finance or Financial Services;
Professional skills and Key competencies:
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
• Excellent communication & organizational skills;
• Responsible, accountable and reliable self-starter;
• Team player and sense of initiative;
• Pro-active and problem solving;
• Good judgment, enthusiasm and willingness to learn;
• Good command of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.