Vice President, Data Center Manager
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 20 Aug 17
Vice President, Data Center Manager
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion.
- Provide local leadership and guidance, as country Data Center Services Manager, for Japan Hardware Engineers
- Initial & local escalation for DC ( Data Center Services) Operational matters
- Provide governance, support and oversight, as the Country Data Center Services representative, to all country Direct Market Access (DMA) & High Frequency Trading (HFT) sites
- Engagement and local management of 3rd party Data Center Vendor
- Ownership & management of Operational environment including health checks
- Own, Design, Implement & Transition into BAU lower scale (non-project) requests
- Site capacity management & demand forecasting
- Site Asset / Inventory Management
- Equipment placement
- Early identification of capacity / infrastructure constraints (and ownership of remediation plans)
- Conduct annual Facility Risk Assessments (FRA) on Data Center, Server Room and DMA/HFT Third Party Hosted sites highlighting gaps against approved Standard Tier Build.
- Produce, own and implement remediation or mitigation plans for any DC, SR or DMA that falls below the authorized build standard, as identified during the annual FRA, or instigate & document appropriate Country Line of Business acceptance.
- Own & execute Internal Power Resiliency Tests across targeted Data Centers, Server Rooms and DMA/HFT sites by collaborating with Corporate Workplace and/or the Third Party Hosted vendors
- Produce bi-weekly country operations updates and metrics
- Generation of monthly reports (KPI, statistics, Incidents, Change)
- Incident Management (and participation in incidents when required)
- Oversight of scheduled changes that impact, or occur in, the data center environment
- Strict control of DC Site Access Management
- Ownership, Adherence to & Deployment of Operational Policy and Standards
Risk & Audit
- Early and proactive identification of risk
- Active participation in resolving / closing identified risks
- Participation, when required, of internal & external audits
- Represent, as a single point of contact, the Data Center Service for all Country Regulatory requests for information including on site inspections.
- Management and facilitation of media destruction when required/appropriate
- Projects & Engineering Support
- Active participation, as a project resource, in data center services related projects including:
- New Data Center Builds
- New Server Room Builds
- Corporate Building refurbishments
- Backbone / Infrastructure cabling consultation / design
- Horizontal cabling design
- If / when required - Lead medium sized data center related projects in country and/or across the region
- Ability to work on multiple projects with no supervision.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a technology support role, preferably within a Data Center operations related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in managing or supporting technology related projects
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and self-educate
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamentals of operating a data center environment
- Demonstrated ability to work within a geographically distributed team
- Demonstrated ability of involvement in small / medium sized projects
- Ability to work with teams across multiple countries
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear, concise and timely written and verbal communication at Senior / Executive Level, thereby representing the Data Center Service at Country Leadership meetings.
- Demonstrated exposure to & understanding of data center related audit & compliance requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of local country laws, rules and regulations and their relation to the Data Center Service
- Understanding of structure cabling standards & design
- Proficient English ability both oral & written
- Native-level Japanese oral and writing skills.
- Experience in writing operational procedures
- Understanding of mechanical & engineering design principles (desirable)
- Familiarity with Zengin System Infrastructure - Japan clearing network (desirable)
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunity employer.
Posting Date: 11/07/2017
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 36.25