- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Aug 17
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, IndiaThis associate will provide expert database design, development, and maintenance skills primarily using SQL Server 2008, 2012, and 2014 in support of the US Structured Finance Group.
- Work with analysts to determine database needs and design and implement databases and associated data loading processes.
- Create SSRS reports to enable analysts to dynamically analyze and visualize data.
- Create SQL queries, stored procedures, and SSIS packages to load, scrub, cleanse, modify data.
- Optimize and tune SQL statements and databases.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database issues.
- Define, test, and execute data validation routines.
- Database backup jobs and basic DBA tasks.
The MIS Support Centre (MSC) is a subsidiary of Moody's Investors Service (MIS). The MSC currently has offices in Bangalore and Gurgaon, India with 100+ staff across both locations. The MSC supports data, research and analytical activities conducted by MIS global rating teams.
- 3+ years experience working as a database developer and/or DBA using SQL Server 2008 and higher..
- Clear understanding of logical and physical database design and data normalization concepts.
- Expertise in creation and management of databases, tables, views, and stored procedures.
- High level of proficiency with SSIS.
- High level of proficiency with SSRS.
- Ability to do algebra and simple statistics.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to analyze complex tasks and propose viable solutions for both strategic and tactical development initiatives.
- Ability to work well in individual, team and high pressure situations.
- Very good oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel formulas.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering.
- Knowledge of Mortgage Backed and/or Asset Backed Securities
- Sybase ASE
- REST API
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.