Special Sits/Direct Lending Investment Analys-Multi Strat Fund
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters Hong Kong
- 03 Aug 17
The ideal candidate will have a 3-8 years experience within the private lending and illiquid credit space. The ideal candidate will also have fundamental credit risk modeling and analysis skills as well as some structuring experience. The role will have the freedom to look at opportunities globally - with a focus on Asia ex-China.
- Lead all investment tasks: screening, risk evaluation & rating, credit & portfolio approvals, negotiated terms and pricing, coordinates legal efforts, accounting, tax, closings, deal monitoring, valuate waivers and troubled credit management.
- Independently perform solid credit analyses with a minimal level of guidance.
- Actively managing all aspects of illiquid credit origination.
- Ensure money is invested, credit profile maintained, value realized, portfolio lengthened and economic surplus generated.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance, financial modeling, return analysis, and perspective.
- Works with Head of Distressed and Opportunistic Credit on deal origination and for investment approvals.
- 3-8 years of direct experience in credit analysis plus exposure to structuring, underwriting, marketing and negotiating fixed income investments.
- Ability to evaluate company management and cover due diligence in order to respond to internal questions.
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA and/or /CFA designation preferred
- 3-8 years of credit and investment analysis experience with excellent understanding of the investment industry and financial markets
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills in order to present to and work with Investments senior management and external clients
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and work under pressure to meet demanding response times, all while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills to support relationships across the company and the industry
- Strong team player
- Ability to understand business processes and their risk implications, analyze complex situations, reach appropriate conclusions, and make value-added and practical recommendations.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, as well as the ability to multi-task with minimal supervision.