- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
Standard Chartered HK is currently seeking a strong developer focused on EQD post-trade function development. As a developer, you'll be responsible for producing quality software covering the full delivery lifecycle from strategy to design, development, tests, deployment and support following agile principles
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* * Experienced developers with previous experience in the design, development and support of post trade systems including settlement and accounting functions.
* Ability to work and liaise directly with the vendor, Middle Office, Product Control and Back Office
* Familiarity and confidence working in an agile development environment
* Familiarity with CI/CD and devops
* Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort
* Design smart and scalable solutions following the bank standards
* Coordinate with other teams in Technology
* Provide second/third line support to the end users
* Write efficient, clear code and be able to articulate what has been implemented and why.
* An excellent developer with good software design principles, someone who writes robust code along with accompanying test suites,
* Be a self starter and be able to quickly grasp and understand existing software
* Familiarity with vendors system Sophis is a must.
Qualifications and Skills
* Experience with C#, C++, XML/fpml and web service.
* Knowledge of Oracle (SQL, PL/SQL).
* Knowledge of Java is a plus.
* Experience with JIRA, SVN and good understand of Agile project management process.
* Basic business knowledge of the equity derivatives products.
* Experience with Sophis environment, configuration, development and deployment.
* Experience with the BO service integration with Sophis including accounting and settlement functions.
* Disciplined approach to code management, testing and deployment practices and high quality delivery
* Experience of full project lifecycle, breaking requirements down into technical deliverables and effort estimation.
* Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
* Outstanding problem solving skills
* Proactive, self starter, autonomous
* Good team spirit
* Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignments
* Ability to work effectively with a global team (across Hong Kong, Singapore and China) and contribute towards the development of the global platform.
* Ability to work in a fast paced and target oriented environment but still maintain high quality output.
* Someone who can drive / facilitate the requirements and development effort with the business.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 08/31/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.