Investment Analyst, China Hardware/Software - Hedge Fund
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters Hong Kong
- 31 Jul 17
The ideal candidate will have strong Greater China hardware/software/semi-conductors/telecom experience from either sell side equity research, management consulting, corporate M&A within a TMT company or from another investment management firm direclty as an Ivestment Analyst.
Our client is a China focused hedge fund affiliated with an established PE firm. The fund is fundamental long/short with a long-bias in its investment approach and invests across non-cyclical sectors. The average investment horizon ranges between 10 months to one year.
- Responsible for assisting the Portfolio Manager in assessing opportunities for publicly listed companies within the hardware, software, telecom, semi-conductor space.
- Conduct fundamental research, designing trading strategies, and monitoring positions in the Portfolio
- Focus on proprietary in-depth bottom-up fundamental research, with extensive interaction with company management teams, sell-side analysts, and other related industrial professionals
- Build up preliminary financial models of the targeted companies; Clearly present ground work materials and conclusions to CIO and whole investment team during internal discussions or meetings
- Create historical and projected financial models, analysing key financial and operational metrics
- generate in-depth research reports based on specific earnings forecasts, providing key supports to CIO's final investment decisions
- Identify a company's worth and how that fits in with the sell-side earnings revision cycle
- The ideal candidate will have AT LEAST 2-3 years Greater China hardware, software, telecom, and/or semiconductor experience in sell side equity research, buy side investment analysis, management consulting or Corporate M&A role within a top China TMT firm
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Fundamental analysis - we take a deep dives into companies and take big stakes, so the ideal candidate should have a sound fundamental analytic background (i.e. not a trading background)
- Undergraduate degree in a numerate discipline
- CFA qualified or part-qualified strongly preferred
- Highly independent thinker, sound judgement and analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills and information collection capability