Equities Settlements, HKD30-40k
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Half Hong Kong
- 28 Jul 17
Working with an International Firm, this role will be responsible for settlements in all aspects of Equities operations across APAC.
Our client is a reputable and global Securities firm, offer corporate clients equity and bond underwriting, M&A advisory services, structured finance and many other investment banking solutions, and are looking for a strong and committed candidate to join their Equities settlements team.
- Monitoring trade delivery, confirmation, and settlement.
- Monitor failed trade resolution and escrow activity
- Communicate issues and take initiative to resolve problems
- Ensure that all responsibilities/assignments are performed in a timely fashion
- Settlement staff responsible for all aspects of Equity Operations in APAC markets
- Instruction of trades, unmatched, fails management. Equity SBL, Corporate actions on Equity
- New issue billing and delivery. Reporting including cash projection, interest claims, Key Risk Indicators, MIS.
- Internal Stakeholders: Equity trading and Sales, Operations Middle Office, Financial Control department, Risk Management Department, Legal & Compliance Department
- External Stakeholders: Clients, Affiliate offices (Tokyo, London and New York), Clearing Houses and depositories
- Equity securities with settlement in APAC domestic markets and USA
- Clearing/Settlements - Participate in BAU; focus on internal controls & STP projects
- Corporate Actions - Participate in cross-training/backup BAU; work on projects associated with internal controls; Custody Account Services; Cross-training/backup BAU work if required
- 3-5 years of experience in an international broker or bank within settlements.
- Clear, concise communicator in both oral and written English.
- Experience within the custody operations business, industry practices and tools strongly preferred.
- Used to working with internal stakeholders such as Middle Office, IT, Compliance and Finance whilst also engaging external stakeholders such as Clients, Custodians, exchanges and the clearing house
- Knowledge of market settlement practices preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong data analytical skills.
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.